xtm mammoth st

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 11:16 PM
kenlhmaxx
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xtm mammoth st

Guys ...

Wondering , is it possible to make the Mammoth ST version to use the 8 shocks set up using the ST shock towers and the stocks shocks ..

Another thing , , which chassis is more prone to flexes ... the normal mammoth chassis or the Mammoth ST chassis ??

pls advise

Thanks
Old 01-22-2006, 11:57 PM
J_ME65

Default RE: xtm mammoth st

My brother has the ST and was talking about going up to the 8 shock setup. He said it would work easily, but we'll see. As soon as he does do anything with it, I'll let you know.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Dil

i seen this truck, never got a real review, is it good, any probs and stuff,
Old 01-23-2006, 08:25 PM
ssj2

The only issue I ran into was initial chassis flex, BUT dadders.net offers Mammoth ST chassis braces for 64 bucks. I'd actually wait until the ST Pro comes out from XTM and see some reviews and then go from there if your thinkin about a Mammoth ST. Just my opinion, but if you're impatient and get the regular Mammoth ST, then there are many custom parts (great parts) on websites such as rcvisions.net, bigairproducts.com, and dadders.net.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:36 PM
kenlhmaxx
My Feedback: (4)

hey guys

its seems that the Mammoth ST has mounting holes for a reverse option , anyone has any idea or rather , where to get this option
Old 01-24-2006, 04:12 PM
ssj2

To get it, you would find it at hobbypeople.net under Hop-UP parts for the Mammoth ST. BUT the reverse option may make your top speed decrease a bit. I dont have the reverse kit and dont plan to get it either, but its 40 bucks too. Not bad!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Nismodriver
My Feedback: (1)

If you want to use the ST towers and not the OG shock towers, look for a shorter shock to use. Something like a T-maxx or Revo shock. Mount the shock in the arm and then figure where you need to drill a mounting hole on the shock tower to keep ride height the same and the shock angles the same. I'm gonna be trying this out on my OG soon, I'm just waiting for the ST mounts to arrive. I'm looking for lower profile shock mounts and want to retain dual shocks.

John
Old 01-25-2006, 04:30 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ssj2

To get it, you would find it at hobbypeople.net under Hop-UP parts for the Mammoth ST. BUT the reverse option may make your top speed decrease a bit. I dont have the reverse kit and dont plan to get it either, but its 40 bucks too. Not bad!
It wouldnt decrease speed. only bottom-end.