RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

BIG Choice

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 11:36 AM
amwhite2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG Choice

Hi

I am a newbie to Nitro Monster Trucks, and was wondering what was the best truck to get. I was undecided between, the Losi LST2, Savage (special edition), T-Maxx and the Revo. Thanks for any help/reviews.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:35 PM
GT Batman

Default RE: BIG Choice

I would say LST2 or Savage. Both great, but the LST2 is SO much easier to work on. I love my LST2...still have not broken a part in a month of hard racing.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:36 PM
RXPAddict

I just went through the same, so I dont know much about the technical aspects, but I can help you from a newbie point of view...

I went with the LST, and here's some reasons why:

I wanted 1/8 first of all. I like the looks of the Revo a lot, it looks like a really well rounded truck, but still, I wanted a 1/8.

My decision was now between the Genesis, Nemesis, LST, and LSTII.

Next, Im not going to be doing any serious racing, and functionality is important, and from what I understand, the Nemesis, and LSTII dont have reverse.

So now I was down to the Genesis, and the LST.

I really was leaning towards a Genesis. The 5hp sounds inviting, and in the RCU video, it looks like everytime the operator hits the throttle, the thing wants to pull the front wheels.[X(]

But then I read some reviews of the LST. It appeared to be very well rounded, the motor is smaller, but appears to be a real solid performer, and the truck weighs like 4 pounds less.

That, coupled with the Hi/Lo range tranny, really made it look good.

Im still thinking I should have went with the Genesis, but who knows.

Another thing is go see what your LHS stocks. I didnt think that would be a big deal, until I started needing to buy stuff.

Good luck, youve come to the right spot for info, this site is excellent!
Old 01-24-2006, 12:48 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

It's really going to depend on what you want it for. Out of your choices, my preference would be #1 Revo (because I own one... and it's been GREAT) and #2 - LST (1 or 2).. because in my experience with the truck, it has been a great truck, but needs a few things out of the box..
Old 01-24-2006, 12:55 PM
GT Batman

ORIGINAL: RXPAddict
Next, Im not going to be doing any serious racing, and functionality is important, and from what I understand, the Nemesis, and LSTII dont have reverse.
The LST2 does have reverse....I had to take it out
Old 01-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I would get any ONE of those trucks. They are all good. Pick the one that you like best, and figure out which one is better supported at your Local Hobby Shop.

It's really down to personal preference and price. I like the Revo, I like the TMaxx, I like the LST and I like the Savage. I have owned all but the Revo and I might start looking for one of those soon. I have thoroughly enjoyed running each one.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:08 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: RXPAddict

from what I understand, the Nemesis, and LSTII dont have reverse.
The LST2 Has Reverse, And High/Low Range,And It will Shift Gears in Reverse....

The LST2 is A Much better Deal than the LST and Dose Not Need Up-Grades Out of the Box....

The LST Dose Need a Few Up-Grades Alum Diff Case's/ HP Brake Pads/Gear Cover/ RPM A-arms,And thats just after taking it Out of the Box....
Old 01-24-2006, 01:10 PM
amwhite2005

I have heard from the local model shop that the Savage is the best for a beginer, as it is easy to tune, strong and easy to break in. What is your opions on this info.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:30 PM
RenegadeRevo

Savage is a good truck.. and it's really going to depend on what you want to do... if you want to get into racing, the Savage isn't the best truck to get you there without some extensive upgrades. For bashing... it has been said that it is a tough truck...
Old 01-24-2006, 01:53 PM
GT Batman

LST2 is REALLY easy to work on and tune. And you have us at RCU
Old 01-24-2006, 02:17 PM
amwhite2005

So after all of that, is the better truck the Revo, or the Savage. I have decided that these are the 2 that I like the most. Again, I will be jumping, taking to the beach, and so on...
Old 01-24-2006, 02:45 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: amwhite2005

So after all of that, is the better truck the Revo, or the Savage. I have decided that these are the 2 that I like the most. Again, I will be jumping, taking to the beach, and so on...
That's subjective... Revo guys are going to say Revo... Savage guys are going to say Savage... they're both great trucks... and no matter WHAT you get... it will break... get what your LHS supports... and what you deem is the most important for you. If you want great handling, great durability, and a "different" style of truck... go with the Revo... if you want the "traditional MT" with a larger stance (center of gravity), great durability and less than desirable handling... go Savage.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:56 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

I love my T-maxx. The hop ups are endless!
Old 01-24-2006, 05:47 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those are great choices, i like em all! but from my experience i would say the lst2 or the revo. i read many different forums, about all the trucks and my least favorite peeps drive a savage.. seems to me that the savage is the best choice for a youngster who cant get replacement parts as easy as the older crowd. its a tank, seems really tough. you have to consider what kind of people you will be dealing with because you will spend alot of time on forums.
the lst2 seems to be a sweet truck, i really like it. but i dont like the idea of the weight of it. no matter what motor you put in it, its hp to weight ratio isnt that good. then consider you can take the small block out of the revo and slap a big block in it and have the crazyest mt around! mine has a os 30 in it! its crazy, i got to play with a lst2 last weekend and it wasnt even a contest... we got a couple drag races in and the poor lst looked big and heavy. side by side it looked like a top fuel funny car against a street legal camaro! he was floored and i was blipping the throttle makin him look slow. sure he had the stock motor, but nothing he could bolt into that truck would be able to make up the difference.
what i did notice tho was how stable the lst was on uneven ground, i bet it is a great racer! the revo is a little too light when ya put a bunch of hp in it, but if ya like flat out insane power itll put a smile on your face! it freaks out when ya hammer the throttle!
so with that being said, flip a coin! heads lst2, tails revo! ya cant go wrong!!!