Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

CEN Genesis and Losi LST2 Does anyone have both?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN Genesis and Losi LST2 Does anyone have both?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN Genesis and Losi LST2 Does anyone have both?

Hi, I have almost made up my mind. I want either the Genesis or the Losi LST2. I have heard great things about both and have seen great videos of both showing off their awsome power. Waiting on parts is not a problem for me. I am only going to use this for back yard bashing. I wanted a BIG truck and I think the Genesis is a little bigger. None of the local hobby shops have both.

Does anyone have both or have one and a friend near by that has the other so they could post pictures of both trucks side by side for size comparison? IF so please post some pictures with and without the bodies on and try to take the picture to give each truck the same angle from the camera. I know this is asking alot but I really need some help here.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2006, 06:59 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: CEN Genesis and Losi LST2 Does anyone have both?

I have both, i'll take a pic for ya in a while. Genesis is a bit bigger though. For the pic, i can set the LST ride height all the way up if you want.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:10 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

keep in mind, bigger isn't always better. In the Genesis is a little too big. Considering that it weighs around 17 pounds, it is heavy. This means that the parts will be stressed more during collisions, cartwheels, landing upside down, land on one wheel, etc.

The LST 2 is very tough, and is also faster. It will be much easier for you to work on when the thing breaks.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:29 PM
jombo

hi thermal, i've read your thread on the le and just wondering if you fixed the 1/2 tank lean prob and also if the truck has been holding up well. i am thinking of picking one up and if its as good as you say then thats the ticket.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:31 PM
blackrain

you could go nemesis wich is race version of genesis
Old 01-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Wheelnut

Thermalrd, Lucky you
Thanks very much that is very nice of you. About the ride heght. Yes set the LST all the way up I guess. Is the Genesis ride height as adjustable as the LST2? Also which one do you like better for backyard bashing? Which one is the better overall ride? Your opinions are valued most because you have both.
Thanks again.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:48 PM
ThermalRD

Ok, here are some comparison pics. And my thoughts. First, the Genesis is nowhere near as fragile as the early trucks were. The LE has been very strong for me. It also steers incredibly well. Its size is also quite impressive. Here are my only gripes about this truck.

1) The engine. Its tuning needs to be done after nearly a full tank of running. If you tune in the first 1/2 tank, you'll find the truck incredibly hot near the end, and every tank after. Probably due to the engine size itself. However, if you do wait til the 2nd tank to tune, you can have a good running engine.

2) Stock suspension is horrible. Theres no way around it. It blows! However, the Nemesis has addressed this. I've felt the suspension movement on that truck, and its way better than the Gen LE.

3) Stock radio equipment. My servos liked to twitch around a bit. I played with the equipment OFF the vehicle, and still got the same twitching. Almost like a little pulsation on the servo. The steering would bounce lightly left to right, and the shift servo as well. The stock servos are the cause. Replacing all 3 will solve this.

Those are the gripes. If i had to do it over, i'd buy the Nemesis. Now on to the pics you wanted.

Old 01-25-2006, 10:35 PM
blackrain

i like your setup thermal are they in your garage. im dying to sell my townhouse so i can buy a house with a garage so i can have a work station for my stuff
Old 01-25-2006, 10:42 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

That CEN is BIG! ( Never Seen one next to another Truck before)
Matt,
How ya Liking the LST2? I Hope its Better than your First LST Was....
Old 01-25-2006, 10:59 PM
ThermalRD

Blackrain, thanks for the compliments. That is actually a room in my basement. Its actually my old reptile room.

Sublime, the Gen is a monster. I love my LST2. I've never been faster on the track with any other truck. Myself and a few other guys had a minor issue with "something" slipping. We believe it was the one way bearing. Rather than cleaning, or messing with it, i replaced it. I also put some mugen aluminum clutch shoes on. Hopefully this weekend, i'll push the truck even faster, and actually take home the win this time. Last race i had a 2 lap lead, and lost power to the wheels. Soo far, i love the truck though.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Wheelnut

ThermalRD,
Thank you very much for the great pictures and thoughts. Is the Losi suspension set all the way up? This will deffinetly help me decide. Not sure yet but I will be after I sleep on it a few times.
Thanks again for all your help.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:30 PM
ThermalRD

For that picture, i turned the threaded collars on the shock bodies down so the truck wouldnt sag. Showing you its maximum height in the current shock position. There is actually another hole on the lower suspension arm, that will raise it slightly higher. Keep in mind, my body posts are slammed low on this truck. Giving it a low appearance as well. Regardless of ride height, or suspension settings, i believe the LST2 to be the better truck. In every way.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:52 AM
RC30GTR

I own a Genesis and have drive the LST. I agree that the LST is a better truck on the track, but bashing wise, its just missing some of the charactierist a bashing MT should have. Regardless, i would go with neither and get a Nemesis instead, this way you have the best of both world.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:31 AM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

Thermal's got it right. I think.
I own 3 LST's and only 1 Genisis.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:33 AM
original.mb

i've alway loved the look of the cen genisis is it possible to see more pics of the nemesis with hood of please? just to see the visible changes? very big truck + i like the fact that you have the 4x4 steering option
Old 01-28-2006, 03:40 AM
RCtruckRacer

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Blackrain, thanks for the compliments. That is actually a room in my basement. Its actually my old reptile room.

Sublime, the Gen is a monster. I love my LST2. I've never been faster on the track with any other truck. Myself and a few other guys had a minor issue with "something" slipping. We believe it was the one way bearing. Rather than cleaning, or messing with it, i replaced it. I also put some mugen aluminum clutch shoes on. Hopefully this weekend, i'll push the truck even faster, and actually take home the win this time. Last race i had a 2 lap lead, and lost power to the wheels. Soo far, i love the truck though.
Dude, you SO deserve to get the best LST2 off the line. I hope that truck continues to shine for you!

Lets Race!!
Old 01-28-2006, 06:40 AM
Jman44

Here is my newly installed 4ws kit and tiger drive
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93041.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	396843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98562.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	396844  
Old 01-28-2006, 07:33 AM
tnxtz

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

keep in mind, bigger isn't always better. In the Genesis is a little too big. Considering that it weighs around 17 pounds, it is heavy. This means that the parts will be stressed more during collisions, cartwheels, landing upside down, land on one wheel, etc.

The LST 2 is very tough, and is also faster. It will be much easier for you to work on when the thing breaks.

You forgot that LST is also one heavy truck. It weights around 15-17 lbs. with full tank of nitro, battery packs, roll cage and some hop ups parts.