RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Best Race Monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Mini Kubik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Race Monster truck

Hello.

I was wondering what Monster Truck is the best for Race?
Is there any kind of list over how many races the different kinds of Trucks have won?

Sorry if my English is not correct [8D]
Old 01-25-2006, 06:43 PM
RockyMtnRevo

Default RE: Best Race Monster truck

Revo is the best racing monster truck!! Look at the RC Pro series last year the Revo dominated!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 09:38 PM
RC30GTR

on a small track - revo

On a big track - CEN Nemesis / Losi LST
Old 01-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Doug_Funnie

ive herd tnx

just my .02
Old 01-26-2006, 10:26 PM
RCtruckRacer

In the coming weeks I am going to need to save a standard response to these types of questions. The fact is, the fastest truck is COMEPLETELY dependant upon the driver. If you have to ask this question, then it wont matter what truck you buy, you WILL NOT go to the first RC Pro series (or IFMAR in your case) this year and place in the A-main.

Sorry to be so blunt, but it needs to be said. This fanatic brand/model loyalty crap has got to end. If you spend more than $400 on a truck, you are getting something that, with proper experience, CAN win at a club race. Trust me, a year ago I got my rear handed to me by a local fast guy driving what amounted to a brick with wheels. Of course, he is able to do that to nearly anyone in our club (though I would welcome the challange again now that I have another year under my belt. Not that he would try that again!).

Get a good quality truck that your local hobby shop carries many parts for. Its that simple. If, in a year or two you find yourself starting to put blame on your truck, rather than your driving skills, for longer lap times - then think about an upgrade. Until then, HAVE FUN!!!!! that is what its all about!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:03 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

exactly!!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:35 PM
A.B.U

OUT OF BOX The REVO and LST are the fastest and most agile trucks on the market. Well.. RTR MT's that are quite.. popular :P
Old 01-26-2006, 11:39 PM
RCtruckRacer

That depends COMPLETELY on the driver. To say otherwise is preposterous and unreasonable.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:14 AM
bentgear

Dang it, there you go again lstRacerX, trying to use logic, reason, and experience to answer a question. Guess you will never learn Good job BTW.

I would like to add that in most cases spending tons of money on hop up parts buys you nothing but bragging rights. Spend the money instead on fuel, minor replacement parts and learn to repair your vehicle. If you learn how to take off and land and not hit things between the jumps you stop breaking things.

Ed M.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Mini Kubik

OK.

[>:]
First off all, I am not an new coming in RC-cars.
Second, I already have all the Truck I need for now.

Last, I ask the question because i was interested in knowing if there is some where a list that showed who is winning most races.
In Denmark we have a gallery called http://www.rcgalleri.dk and the same discussion comes up frequently, so I wanted to put an end on it whit some documentation instead of everyone saying there truck is the best.

Thanks Mini kubik
www.fj-hobby.dk

Sorry for bad English
Old 01-27-2006, 02:08 PM
bentgear

Sorry Mini Kubik for misinterpreting your question. So many new folks asking about the best this and that lately I think your post just got caught up in the mess. Nice site you listed, your English is fine, my Danish sucks so I could not fully enjoy the site.

Not on the computer at the moment that I have some sites flagged at, but will try and look them up tonight and post the links for you.

Ed M.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:14 PM
RCtruckRacer

My point exactly. It makes NO difference what truck you have, your lap times are limited only by your skill. For someone to say their truck is the fastest makes NO sense. It is the DRIVER who is the fastest, as these trucks are all close enough in quality and engineering to make such remarks moot. To get a list such as you are talking about would only tell you who the fastest drivers are, not the fastest trucks. This is ESPECIALLY true for club races, but regardless of what you might think, it is still true for the pros. Ryan Cavalieri would win lots of races regardless of the truck/car he is driving. He is fast, not his vehicle.

That is what you should be explaining to your group. Sure, take a look at [link=http://www.rcproseries.com/]RC Pro Series[/link] you'll find the results you're looking for. But the reality is that the driver wins the race, NOT the truck. Its too bad your club doesn't have a semi pro driver like ours. One race he brought in some old MT from the '90's that had been collecting dust. I don't even remember what he said it was, I had never heard of it. Everyone, and I mean everyone had a good laugh at the old school technology that went into its making. It was truly a piece of ****. When he decided to bring it out for the first MT qualifier, the hooting and hollering and ribbing was non stop. But it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop when he wooped up on everyone. This thing had a top speed of MAYBE 30 mph, and just looked CLUNKY on the track. Our local fast guy made it look like it could win a race.

No one at our track would DARE to say anything so ridiculous as 'my truck is faster than yours' because they know better. We all learned a great lesson at the track that day. On a side note, I rarely have to race the fast guy, thankfully he mostly races the 4wd MOD class.

Now if you are talking drag racing, I guess that would be a different story, but that type of racing hasn't taken off here in the states. And why would anyone drag race an MT anyway???
Old 01-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Nitro MT

Good example of driver skill is the Tamiya Pro's, Jacobson and Jun. These guys race on road mostly, but will come in and usually spank whoever they are running against with the TNX twice a year. Does this make the TNX the best? Nope, it just proves how good the guys behind the wheel are.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Mini Kubik

"lstRacer"
Thanks for the link, it was something like that I was looking for.
And yes I know that it is mostly the drivers skills that takes the win.

"bentgear"
If it was my HP( www.fj-hobby.dk ) you ar talking about then I am considering to get it translated in to English.

RCGalleri.dk will never be in English, it is much like RC-Universe, just in smaller scale.

Direct to my RC cars http://www.fj-hobby.dk/RCsiden.html
Old 01-27-2006, 03:49 PM
A.B.U

lstRacerX, it doesn't take much for a nooblet to drag race a a turck against a skilled person. All they gotta do is have someone power tune it, and just hold the trigger al the way.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:53 PM
RockyMtnRevo

I understand what you are saying about driver skill and I agree that the best driver in the world can win with a junk truck. BUT 90% of us are not even close to pro level drivers, and a faster truck does make up for a lack of skills. I myself am proof of this. We have a few tracks out here and there are numerous good sponsored drivers and last year was the first year I have ever raced. By no means am I a skilled driver but I did win quite a few races because my truck was faster than the others. Now of course I did have to learn to keep it on all 4's but I can see many of the other drivers pick better lines and take the corners better. If I didn't have a very fast truck I would not have won a single race last year.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Mini Kubik

RockyMtnRevo
You have a point there, that it is not only the drivers skill, if there is a big difference in the trucks performance!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:13 PM
revopqrs

yup, if you were to try every truck on a track i bet you would be the fastest with a revo, or maybe a lst... the revo is light and it can handle a big block. mine weighs 9 pounds and it has the os 30 in it, mine is a basher, not a racer. lots of uneeded aluminum parts and its still lighter than the other trucks.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:39 PM
RockyMtnRevo

I just think for local fun club type racing where there are a few very good drivers and a bunch of average drivers those of us in the average group not only need to practice but we need a little more power to try and keep up. No two people will ever have the same exact opinion, but the fact that I was out beating sponsored drivers last year that have raced for years made me believe that your equipment does play a big role in your performance. I had a lot of people tell me damn that thing is fast, and I would laugh and tell them it has to be look at how I drive hahaha. I race for fun because I realize I will never make a living at it, and to me the fun part is building something faster than everyone else's.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Mini Kubik

I just love my Thunder Tiger MTA4 S28 ( Associated MGT SE ) ,so that will be my Truck for a wile, I am only Bashing. but still nice to have a truck that is well built and not demanding too many spares.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:32 PM
RCtruckRacer

OK, one more time. More power is NOT going to get the average driver faster lap times. No way. Unless you are on a track where you get to go 40 mph over 50% or more of the course. The fact is, at most tracks you will be doing REALLY well to average 10-12 mph. More power will do nothing for you. Its all driver skill. If you really want to decrease your lap times, the ONLY way is to go out and burn a bunch of fuel and tires. In fact, that is the best upgrade any club racer can get. Lots of fuel and tires. The more you go through, the faster you lap times will be. The fact that one truck will do 50 mph and the other only 40 will have no effect on lap times on a track where you can only average 11 mph anyway. You can post all you want about one truck being faster than another, but the track is the great equalizer.

When your average speed on a track is less than half of what the truck is capable of, no amount of extra speed will make one iota of difference.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Shortymet55

IF you racing, I would pick a Truck with acceleration over top speed. Revo being light and agile is great. Also, its VERY strong. ANd easy to work on and has the most suspension options.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:48 PM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: Shortymet55

IF you racing, I would pick a Truck with acceleration over top speed. Revo being light and agile is great. Also, its VERY strong. ANd easy to work on and has the most suspension options.
Where do you race?? What's the mix on trucks there, ie how many LST's and how many Revo's?? Just curious.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:50 PM
blackrain

lstracerx is right the track that i race at your lucky if you hit 30 mph on the straights and having a lot of power means no traction. you need to have a proper balanced truck and you people with big block revos dont stand a chance my brother runs a big block revo with ws72 and hes done everything to keep the front end down the truck wheelies down the straights its uncontrolable he has it geared high to reduce the bottom end and added weight and it is still to much
Old 01-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Shortymet55

What tires does he have? And how good is he with throttle control? I know the good racers at my track can keep the front end down, and still have faster acceleration than most other trucks. And there are a bunch of revos at my track. There are also some savages and LST and assortments of others. Most revos. I guess the track condition works best for them. And the revo has the best suspension options.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.