Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Playin around with a Maximum MT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Playin around with a Maximum MT

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 01:15 PM
blk99xtreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Playin around with a Maximum MT

Hey i have a Duratrax Maximum MT with the Torq 16 i got from a buddy for $50, it needed a clutch kit, flywheel and bearings and battery holder and some more misc stuff. I finally got it running good and the slipper clutch is almost wasted cuz i have the nut as tight as it'll go.. Anyone else have one or have ever had one? got any pics or comments for one? thx -Joe
Old 02-03-2006, 11:07 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Playin around with a Maximum MT

I had a Maximum ST PRO that I got from a friend for a trade for a Parkzone J-3 Cub I won in a raffle (cost me a whole $2.50 [X(] ). It needed a pullstarter, but I just started it with a drill with a socket adapter and a 14mm socket. Then I gave it away as a Christmas present to someone because he wanted a nitro RC (hasn't had one for like 10 years).

As you can see, the previous owner didn't care too much for it since 1.) the air filter is DARK BROWN and dry, 2.) they burned airplane fuel in it, and 3.) it has more dust and dirt than the offroad RC track.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81329.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	401513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53498.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	401514   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw63033.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	401515  
Old 02-03-2006, 11:17 PM
blk99xtreme

Default RE: Playin around with a Maximum MT

Well I went to the hobby shop to get parts for my Revo and while i was there i got new slipper clutch discs for the Max MT. When i got home i put em in the old girl and had been running it while it was lightly raining out and then the servos were going wacky, so i called the hobby shop and the guy said take the reciever apart and get a blow drier out and dry it out, well it worked! So i get about 1/4 of a tank thru and it shreds the rear end counter gear...so back to the hobby shop 15 miles btw... I get the new gear in and finally its running darn good. That torq 16 is fast!! And with only 2wd it really hauls, and pops up the front tires if i hit a small bump at full throttle. Now i need good weather to do some good bashing!