Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

cen

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 04:55 PM
funfactormt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cen

I just started it up and put a block of 6x6 under it and it started ok but when I took the glow plug igniter out it would stop idleing . then I tryed someone holding the gas while I turn the idleing screew(or whatever it is called) and it still wouldnt idle and gas was coming out of the igzaust<sp.If I turn the screw to the left or right to get this fixed? thanks
Old 12-09-2002, 01:02 AM
DrFrunkenstein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where at in MI?

First off, you're cars fine. It sounds to me as if it's running too rich, perfect for break in (if you're still on break in). If it runs with the glo ignitor on it, and dies when you take it off, leave the glo ignitor on until you are done with break in. when you are done with break in, turn the high speed needle clockwise to lean it out some. That should make it run better, if it doesn't keep leaning it 1/8th turns at a time. when you get it to where you can actually drive it, tune the low speed needle so it doesn't bog off the line and doesn't die when you let it idle for a while.

Secondly, where are you at in Michigan?
I'm in Lowell, close to Ada, or if you don't know either of those... Grand Rapids is semi-close to me