RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Help Me With a Report Guys...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 09:31 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me With a Report Guys...

First off, moderators if this is off topic, please move it. Thank you.

I have to do a report for English. Its one of the easiest I've done in my life because all I have to do is turn in a mock up essay with one acutal paragraph of information. Anyway, we got to choose the topic, and for my report I chose "Is the LST a good beginner monster truck?" Now, I left a lot of loop-holes because the question is vague, but my English teacher doesn't know that. By beginner, I mean either a total newbie to RC in general, beginner to monster trucks, beginner to nitro etc. Post whatever you think I should go with. I need three sources of info and since a forum shows the post date and postee, thats covered . I've been reading through some R/C Car Action magazines from a while ago and found a review of the LST as well as the review here on RCUniverse. So, please post if you think the LST is a good beginners truck, and why it would or would not be a good beginner's truck. Take any stand you want and I'll go with that. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Ken448

Default RE: Help Me With a Report Guys...

beginner like COMPLETE noob? Id say nope, not at all. It is a Nitro, and there are start up costs involved, and A LOT of learning how to tune engines etc. A Nitro can QUICKLY steer a noob away from the hobby espevcially if he/she doesnt have local support and knowledge!
Old 02-28-2006, 10:24 PM
RCtruckRacer

Only one paragraph???

Aspects of the argument for/against can include:

Money
Nitro vs electric
Race or Bash or Both
Local parts availability
Available help i.e. someone you know does/does not own one

But of course you should also explain what an MT is in R/C. That is at least 6 paragraphs for me, but you might be able to squeeze each one into one sentance. There's your paragraph. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 02-28-2006, 10:26 PM
destrega

Electric stampede would be something much more noob friendly imo :P
Old 02-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Ken448

heck, just the radio can scare a noob away!
Old 02-28-2006, 10:31 PM
mydartswinger

I agree with ken, not only can nitros be a daunting experience for a beginner where tuning is concerned, they can also be frustrating to a beginner when it comes to driving the thing. Nitros are generally faster out of the box than an electric, and therefore more difficult to drive for the uninitiated. Someone just starting out should start out with an electric to get used to the speed of out hobby level RCs as compared to the speed of those that you can get from department stores/toy stores/Radio Shack. Also, IMO, there is far more maintenance involved with a nitro than with an electric, so that would also scare away someone new to the hobby if they're not ready to perform the maintenance tasks involved. As far as new to monsters/nitro, I have no experience with the LST personally, so I wouldn't know. Good luck with your report.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:18 PM
PillowPants

NO. Reason: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3900550/anchors_3900550/mpage_1/key_hate%252CLST2/anchor/tm.htm#3900550]GUYS LIKE THIS.[/link]
Old 02-28-2006, 11:32 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

NO. Reason: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3900550/anchors_3900550/mpage_1/key_hate%252CLST2/anchor/tm.htm#3900550]GUYS LIKE THIS.[/link]
Wonder what ever happend to his DEMANDING a refund?????????

Ibrakefornobody,
One other thing to consider is the person buying the truck. If they are the type to read the instructions and use patience their experence will be better than somebody who takes it out of the box and goes. But that may be the same thing that Ham was trying to get across.......
I have seen a complete nitro newbie get an LST and have good results. A friend of mine did it and he is pretty good with nitro now.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:13 AM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Okay, so complete newbie is out for obvious reasons. I think I'll go with "New to monster trucks, not new to nitro RCs"

Thanks guys.