RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Worlds Best Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 09:47 PM
RCtruckRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worlds Best Customer Service

A word about Panther Tires.

The Pythons are one of my favorite tires. I always have at least one set on hand, now it looks like I will have two. And in the future, I will always look to Panther first for my tire needs.

On the 13th, I ordered a set of clay compound Panther Pythons. On the 14th I got an email stating the order was processing. On the 15th, I got another one stating they were out, but would be shipping by the end of the week. When they still hadn't shipped on Monday, I called to see what was going on. I got to speak to Jazmin (sounds REALLY cute), she told me there was a problem with the molds and she didn't know if they would even get done this week. No biggie I told her, if they get done by Tuesday, please charge my card for overnight shipping. Otherwise just send them the cheapest way possible because I needed them for a race this weekend. She said no problem, they would either go out by Wednesday overnight, or ground whenever they were done.

Well, its Tuesday and at 6:30 (about 10 minutes ago) the UPS guy pulls in my driveway with my clay compound Pythons!!! Now here's the kicker - shipping was FREE!!! I am a Panther customer for life. They will have to shaft me pretty good before I could look to another brand of tires.

Panther Tires ROCK!
Old 03-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Default RE: Worlds Best Customer Service

ah is good to know online customer service is alive and thriving.... but then They all do when it comes to new sales. now serice. thats where the puddin meets the cake!!!!
Timmahh
Old 03-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Longhair

Tower has a great customer service department also.

I received a defective servo and they exchanged it no questions asked - express shipping for free.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Chronic

So.....how do you like the clay compound Python? Is the tread spacing different, or is it just a harder rubber?
Old 03-22-2006, 01:55 AM
RCtruckRacer

Tires are just now glued up Chronic. They have the same tread pattern as Pythons in other compounds. The first thing I noticed was the smell. They have a very different smell... almost like my BFG All-terrains when they were new. They seem a bit softer than the soft compound Pythons, but they are supposed to wear longer. Time will tell, but they seem great!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Chronic

Softer than the soft compound? Wow, that's not what I was expecting. I guess I just figured they were going to be harder in order to be longer lasting.

Got another one for you then. How "sturdy", for lack of a better word, do they feel once mounted? Like say, compared to the med/soft compound?
Old 03-22-2006, 10:41 AM
RCtruckRacer

Less sturdy. These tires are made to run on a moist clay track. I bought them for a specific race this weekend. When I spoke to the track owner, he said the track will be like running on cookie dough - many people will be running slicks!!! NO PINS! There is some SERIOUS traction there. I believe (not sure though) that this clay compound will help shed any mud that might stick to the tires. It is quite a bit different than any other tire I have.

I think the tire will conform to the shape of the track, and since its softer, wont tear up the track as much in the process. They feel like they would rip apart the first time I tried to do a cookie on cement, but when I was pulling off the little bits left over from the mold, the rubber was SUPER stretchy and much more difficult to tear off than other tires I own!!! They are pretty amazing. Reminded me of that REALLY OLD (like me) toy - Stretch Armstrong.

They are softer, and stronger at the same time. Its difficult to describe!
Old 03-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Chronic

It almost sounds like they're similar to the soft compound HPI Dirtbonz.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:36 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Jasmin... LOL!!!! Yeah, all of them are like that for first-timers