RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

tnx or savage 25....

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 08:07 PM
corona672

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tnx or savage 25....

hey

what do u guys think the tamiya tnx or the savage 25.....

p.s give some pros and cons if you can..

thanks........
Old 03-28-2006, 08:12 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: tnx or savage 25....

savage 25 (actually go for the new savage x its much better) bigger beeffier suspension, bigger mroe powerful engine, more durable, arguably the best basher out there, and one of the best supported trucks out there (hop-ups). tnx is more towards racing, smalelr high revving engine, lower COG, lighter. so if your racing a tnx will work out better bashing around will be better for the savvy.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:34 PM
nickrevo

i was going to get the tnx but after i saw a kid bring it into the store and take it apart, it looks way to cheap and too simple on the inside, and you probebly dont wanna be upgrading right away and to me it looked bad , thats my opinion, but you also have to consider the the tnx is winning most of the races,

consider a revo , if not go for the savage
Old 03-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Bria1

Just bashing...go with the Savage.

Racing...TNX hands down. The TNX is a tough truck.

Have you considered a MGT 4.6SE?
Old 03-30-2006, 01:00 AM
crusher03

nickrevo Date 3/29/2006 1:34:17 AM
i was going to get the tnx but after i saw a kid bring it into the store and take it apart, it looks way to cheap and too simple on the inside, and you probebly dont wanna be upgrading right away and to me it looked bad , thats my opinion, but you also have to consider the the tnx is winning most of the races,
thats one of the trucks greatest features, not electronic shift crap etc...

i race my tnx, great truck for racing, i also have a very hopped up savage, wasp 26, bullet proof drivtrain, 3 speed etc...
and like everyone says, savage is by far the best bashing truck out, it can take a bitting and keep asking for more, the tnx is also pretty tough, few spur gear issues and the stock plastic slider axles arnt the best, but there optional cvds available and they just released a new 10mm spur gear.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:45 AM
Dil

for me i love my tnx its a great truck, the good thing about it is its simple no big bling on it so you can spend more time on the track than on the bench!! and it works, very hardy as well,

and damm fast!!!!

there nothing wrong with the savage as well, good truck, i never seen anybody have any probs with it!!

but the choice is yours if u want speed and tight conering and stuff its the tnx
u wanna bash around and play hard its the savage

abou
Old 03-30-2006, 04:40 AM
tnxtz

[/quote]thats one of the trucks greatest features, not electronic shift crap etc... [/quote]

LOL. I know somebody who bought a REDO for $400+ just for a crappy transmission and differential. As soon as he got the truck, changed the chassis to longer one, changed the engine, changed the arms and bulkhead to RPM's, changed the tires, drivetrain from telescopic to CVD, changed the pipe, exhaust, modified the tranny to FOC, etc. Geez I thought, you bought the stock truck for $400+ just to retain the tranny and differential, that's an expensive and complete waste of money. Bad thing is, there is no Ebay here. So all the spare parts will be a throw away.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:48 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

corona its hard to find parts for the tnx...go with savage and BIG BLOCK is better more engine choices..
Old 03-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Combatcm
My Feedback: (1)

I already gave one on the way and I'm looking to race it agains't the revos. Even against the UMT's it looks like a good racer.

But even though I'm getting one I still suggest get a savage, I know what headaches I'm getting into.