Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Electric Clodbuster

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 02:36 PM
res0nomt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Clodbuster

I have a Clodbuster and I am not happy with the speed control. Several years ago I had a guy at the hobby store tell me that the clodbuster will not handle an electronic speed control. It will burn up because the clodbuster draws too many amps. Does anyone know if I can use an electronic one and if so, what amp should I use?

Thanks
Old 04-01-2006, 12:27 AM
bauerbach

Default RE: Electric Clodbuster

they still make the cyclone? I know many years ago that was primo as far as resistance goes; the first and only ESC at the time to not use any heatsinks. I bet now a days that technology is standard in all of them... lower resistance should mean the draw wont matter. dont quote me on that though.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:36 AM
Infinite Gundam

Default RE: Electric Clodbuster

ORIGINAL: res0nomt

Several years ago I had a guy at the hobby store tell me that the clodbuster will not handle an electronic speed control. It will burn up because the clodbuster draws too many amps.
Several years ago there was novak's super rooster which can handle dual 540 motors, now there's superduty xr which can handle dual 550 motors. As long as the motor turns limits are not exceeded and there's no over-gearing, the esc should work pretty good.