Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

losi aftershock

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 09:56 PM
scottywilkes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi aftershock

ok guys fill me in. i have a nitro evader but i want something a bit more tuff for bashing. I would like a LST but as at the momnet a bit short on meney so then this comes up and it looks sweet. What i want to know is would it be worth gettin cause it really looks good and i love the LSTs and it has the reverse and hi low trans taken out of it which i dont have a need for. IS there any body else buying this when it comes out and will it be tough as the LST1. What engine is in it cause i want an engine that will last a while and be reliable but with good power. Do u think it would match the speed of the LST1.

Thanks guys this will be my first monster truck so i want it to be a good experience. CHEERS
Old 05-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Wide Open

Default RE: losi aftershock

ive heard that it is kind of their way to get rid of the lst 1 parts. there might be better stuff in that price range, now i just need someone to confirm if what i just said was true?[&:]
Old 05-14-2006, 11:28 PM
bauerbach

Ive heard that too, however its completely unfounded. for one, we arent talking about that many parts... the LST1, LST2, and aftershock share 99% of the same parts. and losi is not going to stop producing replacement parts for the LST1 ever(they still make replacement parts for their cars that are 10+years old). so if they are still making replacement arms for the LST1, why would they worry about "clearing out the shelves"?

and on that tangent, the cost of making these parts is 99% in the R&D and molds. which they already have. the cost to inject a batch of hundreds or thousands is literally pennies per part. to stop making them offers them little to no benefit; theyve already invested in the expensive stuff, there is really no upkeep. granted the molds dont last forever, but thats not a huge deal; they last long enough.

and finally, if your trying to clear out the stock, producing a brand new car, using the same parts as 2 other cars, while still producing both, would be a really horrible way to try and end the need to continue producing them.

If anything they are simply trying to use the same parts even MORE so they can produce more and sell more. hit all 3 price points using many of the same parts they already have.

as for the truck, I think its as good or better than any other truck in the price range, and I think it has the framework that no other truck in the pricerange has. it might have plastic where the others have aluminum, but in the end, it IS an LST, its a few upgrades from being an LST2 for that matter. when you get down the the suspension geometry, frame, everything that cant be upgraded or improved, its an LST and all the strengths that has. its not like buying a tmaxx and saying you can upgrade it to be a revo; or a savage into a hellfire.

and best of all, the thing I personally most care about, I think this is going to bring the aftershock/lst into the forefront of aftermarket support, companies love to produce for the big volume seller, which till now was not the LST because it was so expensive. but now they can make 1 part for 3 different trucks running the gammit from entry level 400$, to competition racer at 650$.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:42 AM
scottywilkes

so does everyone think that it would be a good truck to buy cause i have no idea when it comes to monster trucks but i have always like the LST and the rigid frame. it would only be used for bashing and at the local bmx tracks. i just think it is a really good truck especially for the price. i jsut want something that will give me loads of excitement and be reliable and it seems better than all the other trucks in this price range in my opinion, i love the big bore shocks lol, And lastly it is a LOSI CHEER

BTW is the engine the same as the LST1 and how is that engine with speed and relaibility
Old 05-15-2006, 10:51 AM
bauerbach

appears to be the same as the LST1 had. the .26 motor. no ones torn it down yet. its not the LST2 mach 427 though.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:01 AM
scottywilkes

ok guys u have been looking at the monster gt the new one and it looks really good for the price would this suit me better than the aftershock u reckon and i wouldnt have to wait for the aftershock to come out. how is the power of the GT and how long would a tank of gas last. Is the engine relaible and easy to tune. CHEERS
Old 05-16-2006, 05:30 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The engines of the MGT (both the .21 and .28) produce a good amount of power and are very easy to tune. Unlike many of the original Mach .26 engines found in the LST they won't suddenly grenade and destroy themselves either.

My .21 engine running 25% fuel at "race pace" gets about 7-8 minutes per tank. Bashing, combined with a lower % fuel would probably give you about 10minutes.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:23 AM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No matter what truck you get there will always be some part that could be stronger designed better etc. I have heard a lot of good about the mgt, and Lst, except for issues with the Mach .26, but than i've heard the mgt has weak a-arms. All trucks have thier quirks or issues. I have not run either, but have both the LST & MGT, have not run either yet. I study the info available to you on this site. Read the LST forums, and there has been a lot of post on the MGT. Its kinda of like a coin toss, but gather information on both and then decide.

good luck
Old 05-16-2006, 12:03 PM
bauerbach

the mach 26s was my understanding the problems were due to a washer that really shouldnt have been used.

its since been removed from the design.

if there are other issues...

the MGT is a 350-400$ MT. the aftershock is a dumbed down 650$ MT for 400$. is it 250$ cheaper than the LST2? well... you can get the LST2 upgrade for 140$ and have a 540$ LST2 minus the radio and engine.

but then Im gonna tell you killer hobbies will sell you a total LST2 with the mach 427 and 3channel FM radio for 575$... clearly an EXTREMELY smart 35$ to spend.

SO. I suppose what Im trying to say is, figure out what your plans are. because if you plan to drop 150$ into either truck for hopups, you would be extremely benefited by simply buying the LST2. rather than the aftershock.

if you want to take em out of the box and run them stock till the day they die; well keep making your decision. Id obviously pick the aftershock. but then again, Id then take my line of thought up to the LST2... which is what I did. and my wallet is 580$ lighter.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:12 PM
scottywilkes

well guys i think im gonna get the LST2 cause they are so kewl and i have heard good things from friends that own them.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

[quote]ORIGINAL: bauerbach

the mach 26s was my understanding the problems were due to a washer that really shouldnt have been used.

THRU OBSERVATION ,ME AND MY LHS DID, WE FOUND THAT THE CAUSE OF THE MACH 26 CON ROD TO BREAK WAS A TIGHT FITTING OF THE SLEEVE TO THE ENGINE BLOCK, WHEN YOU INSTALL THE SLEEVE, TOO TIGHT TO SLIP IT IN, IT SUPPOSE TO SLIP IN EASILY,AND WHEN THE ENGINE HEAT-UP, THE SLEEVE HAVE NO SPACE TO EXPAND THEN START TO HAVE A HYDRA LOCK CAUSING THE CON ROD TO BREAK, PISTON STOCK IN SLEEVE.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

What i want to know is w it be worth gettin cause it really looks good and i love the LSTs and it has the reverse and hi low trans taken out of it which i dont have a need for. IS there any body else buying this when it comes out and will it be tough as the LST1. What engine is in it cause i want an engine that will last a while and be reliable but with good power. Do u think it would match the speed of the LST1.

Thanks guys this will be my first monster truck so i want it to be a good experience. CHEERS
When I check the web site, the aftershock lst doesn't look like have a reverse, it don't have even the linkage
of the reverse, even the servo, most it is equip only with two ch radio.
The engine, if you are getting this,check the sleeve if its tight to remove ,before you fire this engine. I'm using this engine in my LST, even in my hyper 7, also in my Raptor before it was been stolen in my truck. Before i fire it up in those following truck/buggies i make sure that the tightness of the sleeve to the crank case is perfectly ok.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:42 PM
RiseAgainst017

what would win a race a lst 1 or a mgt