Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

average time before repairs

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 03:27 AM
rflanagan122285

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default average time before repairs

How long is the average time that a truck can go before having to buy something new for the monster truck so that it works in top condition???????? I am focusing on the kyosho megaforce and I need to know this type of info before getting into this hobby. any help is very much appreciated. thanks. I also have one more question......I need help with deciding on a truck. Would anybody be able to make a suggestion on one of these three.....Kyosho Megaforce, Traxxas T-maxx, or Tamiya Terra Crusher. I want the truck to last long (durabillity) and I want it moderatly cheap. I would perfer 1/8th scale but the t-maxx looks like an excellent truck. Please submit opinions!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2002, 07:13 AM
LandShark

savage 21 dude!
Old 12-26-2002, 08:02 AM
NDeedOne

My friends and I are each debating on whether to get a savage 21 or to get the T-Maxx... Two of my friends have already decided they like the Savage 21 because of the sheer handling and jumping/landing capabilities... I, however, have not made my mind up yet...I'm currently about 60% T-Maxx and 40% Savage21.... none of us are planing on upgrading to high performance parts for a while.
Old 12-28-2002, 11:14 AM
godlyone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All New guys wondering what to get,

T-Maxx all the way!

The T-maxx is what all the other companies are trying to compete with. The T-Maxx is what woke up the RC scene and now everyone else is trying to jump on the bandwagon in hopes of making a quick buck. The T-maxx is tried and true as it had years of engineering designed into it before it hit the streets back in 1999. Now with the new 2.5 T-Maxx, not only do you have a truck that is and has been the number 1 truck of the year but it has also been out on the market long enough that it has more available upgrades and hop-ups. If you still want a Savage 21, just read the Savage 21 forums and have a look at all the problems people are having with them due to the fact that HPI slammed something together and tossed it into the market without sufficient product testing. If you can wait a while maybe HPI will do something good with that Savage but until then, beware.
Old 12-28-2002, 04:33 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Re: average time before repairs

Originally posted by rflanagan122285
How long is the average time that a truck can go before having to buy something new for the monster truck so that it works in top condition???????? I am focusing on the kyosho megaforce and I need to know this type of info before getting into this hobby. any help is very much appreciated. thanks. I also have one more question......I need help with deciding on a truck. Would anybody be able to make a suggestion on one of these three.....Kyosho Megaforce, Traxxas T-maxx, or Tamiya Terra Crusher. I want the truck to last long (durabillity) and I want it moderatly cheap. I would perfer 1/8th scale but the t-maxx looks like an excellent truck. Please submit opinions!!!!!!

The answer to your question....How long is the average time before having to buy something new? That really depends on the owner/driver of "ANY" nitro/electric truck. Not all drivers are created equal. Keep in mind that not all drivers have experience and because of that....they may have wrecks/crashes that will mean they are going to need new parts sooner than someone with more experience. Also....when they get a new rig....how well they follow the engine break in procedure will determine how long their engine will last. Not surprisingly....many do not really understand how to properly break in an engine....and when they give it their best shot.....many times you will see them posting here....asking for help as they now are experiencing problems. Or you will read posts that tell us that they got their rig fired up and it just took off and hit a pole...mail box....parked car....or their little brother/sister who was just watching them get it started....when it went out of control. There are lots of reasons some rigs don't last long....or at least the parts don't so they will need to buy new parts to replace the broken ones. It really depends on the owner/driver.

As for a new monster truck? I'm enjoying my 2.5 TMaxx and would recommend it to anyone. Also...many guys have bought the Savage 21 and are happy with it. It boils down to your choice as to what you want and will buy. Either way....you'll have a blast so....you make the choice and go have some fun!

Good Luck!