Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

New body I painted- I already bashed and jacked it tho... d'oh!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New body I painted- I already bashed and jacked it tho... d'oh!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New body I painted- I already bashed and jacked it tho... d'oh!

I was going to take a picture of this after I painted and fitted it while it was pristine, but I bashed it instead- hence the road rash! What do you think of the two tone stripe getup?

LST1- RPM arms w/Ti buckles, 23mm proline adapter, 40 series wheels w/Losi Super King Pins stretched out, Al diff cases, FOC + more...

Old 07-30-2006, 03:44 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: New body I painted- I already bashed and jacked it tho... d'oh!

Very nice looking truck..
Old 07-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Chronic

I like it. The truck looks very nice with that body and wheel/tire combo.

Sorry to go off-topic here, but I have a question. How does that setup handle? I'm running SKPs and 40 series wheels on my Savage, but I want to go with something smaller on that truck. I'm thinking about moving the SKPs to the LST2 and going back to Pythons on the Savage. My problem is that judging by how they perform on the Savage, I'm thinking they might lack lateral traction on the wider LST2... so how do you like them?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:08 PM
PillowPants

looks good dale. Haven't seen you around in a while.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Dale Gribble

ORIGINAL: F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.

looks good dale. Haven't seen you around in a while.
I keep up on you guys. I just do a lot more reading then writing these days. Camping and motorcycle season is upon us and it's all I can do to keep the other toys going.

Sorry to go off-topic here, but I have a question. How does that setup handle? I'm running SKPs and 40 series wheels on my Savage, but I want to go with something smaller on that truck. I'm thinking about moving the SKPs to the LST2 and going back to Pythons on the Savage. My problem is that judging by how they perform on the Savage, I'm thinking they might lack lateral traction on the wider LST2... so how do you like them?
The SKP's have to be installed the way I installed them to get the best performance, because you are absolutely right, there is too much sidewall with a standard install and it would feel sloppy in corners. The key to these SKPs- don't install the tire IN the bead grooves on the rim. You can butt the tire up against the back of the bead grooves, glue it and then fold the sidewall over and glue the sidewall to the rim face. This cuts the sidewall in 1/2 and with the foam, it makes them very stiff.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Chronic

That's the way I'm running them. I have them stretched over some 23mm Proline Cheyennes. I'm just wondering how that setup does on the LST2, before I go through the trouble of mounting them up on it. I would either have to get hex adapters or remove them from these wheels and mount them on some 420s.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:32 PM
rock bull

Im not much for fords but i must say good liikin pinstriping.Look at my skunk stripe in the photo gallery the blue T-MAXX with the trimmed rockpleazer body that goes on my RockBull[:'(]
Old 07-31-2006, 04:35 PM
ICrashThings

Looks good dale! Hows that truck treating ya?
Old 07-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Dale Gribble

ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

Really good... Sometimes I get a desire to build another Savage, but this LST is really everything I need. I beat the snot out of it, and only have to make a trip or less to the hobby store a month. Pretty much just fuel runs now with a part here or there.

What have you been up to? You went into hiding for a while. You always had that pimped RC10GT right?
Old 07-31-2006, 06:28 PM
Dale Gribble

ORIGINAL: Chronic

That's the way I'm running them. I have them stretched over some 23mm Proline Cheyennes. I'm just wondering how that setup does on the LST2, before I go through the trouble of mounting them up on it. I would either have to get hex adapters or remove them from these wheels and mount them on some 420s.
Since these tires had to stretch to fit the 40 series (40 series are slightly larger then the Losi 420s), I def wouldn't pull them off and put em on LST2 rims. they would probably be out of shape. Those LST2 tires are great in most conditions too anyways. I would leave the tires alone personally- just get some 23mm adapters.

They do very well. Well enough that I would do again, not so well that I would remove them from rims and transplant them though.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:19 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

Really good... Sometimes I get a desire to build another Savage, but this LST is really everything I need. I beat the snot out of it, and only have to make a trip or less to the hobby store a month. Pretty much just fuel runs now with a part here or there.

What have you been up to? You went into hiding for a while. You always had that pimped RC10GT right?
Heh glad to hear u like the lst, it looks like a sturdy truck from all the pictures i see. Yea, I had alot of school/Fire Department training goin on so I put my hobby on hold for like 9 months straight(i know it was crazy). My rc10gt sat for the longest time but dont worry, i just ordered some new parts and she will be good to go! Also my MGT has been running more since I put in that crazy new engine in it.