Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

what shock fluid lots of oppinions please

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

what shock fluid lots of oppinions please

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 02:08 AM
motox28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what shock fluid lots of oppinions please

i dont have the money to by new shocks for my tnx so what shock fluid should i get to stiffen the shox so i can jump someone said 80 but that seems high what do u think
Old 08-20-2006, 03:48 AM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: what shock fluid lots of oppinions please

Not sure what comes in them from the factory, but try 40 or 50 weight. You can probably also get stiffer springs if you wanted.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Chronic

I can't comment on the stock TNX shocks since I've never had a set, but I have heard they aren't the best quality in the world. I know on my Savage with it's stock shocks, which some people love, I couldn't keep them together with anything thicker than 30-35w. If the shafts didn't bend or the seals blow out, the actual shock body would split. Other shocks, like the stock MGT units, are known for blowing the caps under those conditions. You will probably encounter the same troubles if you really launch it hard with thick fluid.

My other trucks have shorter aluminum shocks and they can take a hell of a beating and still handle thicker fluid. Bent shafts are about the only real concern there.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Bria1

I believe the stock TNX shocks come with around 60wt for the rear and 40 wt for the front. I know 80wt seems high, but like I mentioned before, that is about like 40wt in most other shocks due to how large the passage for the shock piston is.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:28 PM
motox28

wont 80 blow the damper
Old 08-21-2006, 03:09 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

I'd say go 60 max. Basically, the springs stiffen the ride, while the fluid slows the movement of the piston, making it harder to bottom out on a large jump.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Bria1

I never had a problem when I used 80wt in my terra crusher, which was a lot heavier than a TNX. To be honest, I would go with a different shock instead of trying to make the stockers work. You can pick up some stock MGT shocks for cheap and they'll be perfect with the stock blue springs and the 40wt that comes in them. I've ran my stock MGT shocks on my TNX and it was almost as good as the powerstrokes.

ORIGINAL: motox28

wont 80 blow the damper