Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

duratrax warhead (i know its nitro, but w.e, :D)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

duratrax warhead (i know its nitro, but w.e, :D)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Bhouse3000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default duratrax warhead (i know its nitro, but w.e, :D)

well, i've been thinking of getting this, i really want a 1/8'th monster, for some great bashing, and pretty decent speed, i know this is an electric thread, but still, they dont have a thread for duratrax monster trucks, but i'm sure most of you have nitro, this will be my first nitro, im really looking for soemthing nice, big, and enough power to handle some obsticals, with nice speed. im looking to not spend alot (i.e $1000) im looking to spend under $300, i know it will b hard, but im an ebay person, and i've seen warhead going for less than $200 rtr, then what els do i need, i have a crap load of tools and stuff for my elec. but is there anything els that i would need? i know nitro fuel, DUH

please help
Old 09-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Almighty ODST

Default RE: duratrax warhead (i know its nitro, but w.e, :D)

I heard these trucks are crap cus the bulkheads break like no other. I also heard that the engine is kind of weak from many people. But seeing as how I don't personally have one, my statements aren't worth much.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Bhouse3000

well, it got a good review from rcu, and i can get them cheap, so if i get one, i'll prolly get spare bulkheads, and possibly think about upgrading, i duno bout that actually, cuz the motor is rated for 2.5hp, which isnt that bad, and duratrax "claims" that it reaches 40mph, so, i duno really, anyone who has seen one in person, or has one, please comment, other are welcome to, i would love to hear all your feedback
i dont like spending $200 and getting a peice of crap, lol ($429.99 retail, ebay rulez)
Old 09-04-2006, 01:15 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

THEY ARE CRAP! They have had the worst rep of any newly released truck ever. There's problems with the fuel tank, carb, bulkheads, everything! Get a mgt.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Bhouse3000

but have you seen thme perform??
if i did get one, i was plannign on getting a bigger fuel tank, and external fuel filter, and possibly a new motor
Old 09-04-2006, 01:53 PM
happywing

I've seen a couple of these things and they're a pile. Look at all the upgrades you're talking about already...and backup parts. Get a Losi Aftershock or Associated MGT. Pay now and save later.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:54 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

That's pointless. You could get a better truck for the price of all thet junk on a junky truck. Hes I have seen them running and know how much trouble they are so am not even temted the slightest bit...especailly when I have a tnx which are great racers with new shocks
Old 09-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Bhouse3000

then what about ht revo???
Old 09-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Bhouse3000

what would be a good 1/8 monster truck that can be found on ebay for under $300 with radio, cuz right now, only the warhead is one, and the older savage
Old 09-04-2006, 05:23 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

Warhead is cheap for a reason

I doubt you'll find many at all under 300. I saw a revo 2.5r go for 285 before but that's about it. Save a little more and get a mgt or tnx.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Bhouse3000

yeah, i was looking at the tnx, how bout the xtm mammoth, i know its not monster, its stadium, but w.e, it looks good, any comments?

p.s, im trying 2 get it for my bday (2days) but my parents prolly wont get it 4 me if the cost is pretty high, i mean, people are tight on cash now adays, so im just looking for something cheap, 1/8 nitro (not buggy) that i can bash around with, nothing SUPER expensive, but what are the main reasons people dont like the warhead??? what the positives
Old 09-04-2006, 07:21 PM
hands without shadows

People dont like it cause its crap.......Bulkheads and shock towers, and knuckles like no other. Do your self a favour and stay away from duratrax, especially duratrax nitros. You should post in the general mt section, theyll know.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:26 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

No posotives on the warhead. The mammoth is gigantic and fast and has some nice stock parts. I'm not sure how great the aftermarket support is though. TNX is the bomb! Wicked fast for a stock 1/8(40mph give or take a few) and handles great when you upgrade the shocks.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Coupe420

Check out tower hobbies new RTR 1/10 monster, its like 300 new and has a 2 yr warranty on the engine and its supposedly made by OS. I personally have a savagex which is a lil out of the price range u specified. the only problem i see with that truck is parts would have to be ordered because NO shops carry tower trucks or parts. I believe its called the Tower Terror MT. but it looks to be a remake of a savage with the vert chassis plates. either way, its priced right in your range and tower has great support. not sure on the reviews since its a tower truck but i figured it would be a good starting point in nitro MT's. Good luck

Keep breathin them fumes

Coupe

p.s. heres my trucks, started with the elec rusty, then got the tower st-15 on the right (highly modded) then went to the savage x. the rusty is 3 yrs old, the st15 and savagex are less than 4 months, and have drained over 5 gallons of nitro. once u get into the bigblock engines watch the fuel start to vanish at an alarming rate. used a gallon last wkend alone
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37917.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	519043  
Old 09-04-2006, 07:47 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

It's the tower terror. I would avoid it in his situation. He wants one soon and stupid tower pushes it back another half month every other week until the release is gonna be in like 2008 and it's little compared to the 1/8 mt's.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:52 PM
-Inverted-

Do your self a favour and stay away from duratrax
I wouldn't go that far, duratrax makes some nice stuff, you just have to know whats good and whats not.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:57 PM
hands without shadows

I agree, the evader pro is supposedly ok and the mini quake series are good but I havent heard much good stuff about their other products.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:01 PM
-Inverted-

I like their mini's, however I mainly like their accessories over their cars, they make nice pit items....although I do like my mini quake!!
Old 09-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Bhouse3000

well, seems like the only thing people really dont like about the warhead are the bulkheads, but they are only $5, sooooo, the way i see it, is i'd buy a pair or 2 of spaire bulkheads, and possibly an extra set of knuckles ($5) and possibly a little better motor like an os .27 or something if i feel like the stock tiger motor isnt adequit, but it should be fine, im just lookign for a cheap bashing truck, that is nitro, because i want it as a learner, that wont break my wallet

im now trying to decide between teh warhead and the mammoth, the problem is, the mammoth is about 20% more expensive, so basically, im prolly gona get the warhead, adn see for myself, i mean, rcu gave it a good review, and the video from rcu, and the video from duratrax looks sweet, lol.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Bhouse3000

well, i've decided to scrap the whole warhead idea, seing as not very many people like it, and i dont really want to buy crap

so i've decide to eitehr buy an xtm mammoth, or xtm mammoth st, prolly the st, cuz it adressed some of the problems from the previous. so please gimmie some feedback on what you think

p.s, i will b swapping out the radio in the near future, cuz that hi-tech one is ok for now, but will need to be upgraded,
Old 09-05-2006, 03:11 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

Anything but the warhead is a good choice at this point.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Bhouse3000

ok, now i need some tips, lots of em would help

-what type of fuel, with what % nitro
-do i need extra glow plugs? if so, what kind
-what is a good glow starter
-anything els you can think of

p.s, i won the car on ebay, its the xtm mammoth st, and it looks sweet!
Old 09-05-2006, 03:42 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

Nice. Anywhere from 20-30% nitro is safe, trinity has nice fuel. Once you go up to 30% it's not a good idea to go down to 20. You need at least 2 extra glow plugs at all times. I've been learning this the hard way. Make sure you get a rechargable glow ignitor.

Matt
Old 09-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Bhouse3000

thanx man, so buy extra glow plugs, any tips on which glow plugs to get if i run 25-30% nitro, and the engine is a .24 motor? cold? med heat? what should i get, i am seriously a nitro noob, but i've been doing reasearch

p.s warhead is something im going 2 reccommend to my friend, and see how many problems he runs into, hehe
Old 09-05-2006, 04:47 PM
SS5800EvADer

well i am thinking of getting the mgt from AE

it looks really good

the AE glwo plug will work fine thats wut im getting also get the fail safe if it does not have one if u r new which i am

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.