Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Engine for Revo 3.3 Ceased

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 10:51 PM
happywing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine for Revo 3.3 Ceased

I need some fast help. Yesterday, the engine on my Revo froze. It was making a rattling noise before it froze. Anyone know what that might be?

In the meantime, I have a race in less than two weeks. I have to get an engine and get it broken in before then. Are the RB Concepts (323, 523) engines a good choice? I have an RB in my 1/8 buggy and I love it.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:56 AM
nkbrisson

Default RE: Engine for Revo 3.3 Ceased

The only way to find out what went on you 3.3 is to take it apart and see. As for the RB, its an excellent choice, but for the revo, I would recommend the OS .18TZ. I race against one and he is very fast with that engine.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:52 AM
DaveG55

The RB's seem to get good reviews from owners but awhile back there was some kind of fuel supply problem that manifested itself with that engine during left turns. It was an odd thing that was reported by several people. I don't know what happened with that problem as I have not seen an update lately.
If you go with the TZ you'll have to convert to a bump start system. That's a nice system for racing because of the weight reduction but you will have to get a starter box and all that it entails too. The OS.18TM is an excelent choice if you want an easy, direct drop in that will let you keep the ez-start or use a pullstart. It's easily a better engine than the 3.3 but probably not as fast or powerful as the RB or TZ.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:07 PM
happywing

OK, either engine sounds good, but I'd like to use a roto-start. Sounds like the TM would be good for that. What about the RB? Can it be fitted with a roto? I have a nice dual batter/motor roto-start.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:22 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Why not just get a bump box?
Old 09-12-2006, 06:40 PM
and_des

ORIGINAL: happywing

OK, either engine sounds good, but I'd like to use a roto-start. Sounds like the TM would be good for that. What about the RB? Can it be fitted with a roto? I have a nice dual batter/motor roto-start.
I race my revo with the tm323, had a problem at the beginning with the left turn leaning issue, only thing i did, tune and retune until i got the setting right, for me the leaning problem was a tuning issue, i know theres some guy's outhere still having this problem, now i run it with the hpi hellfire tank and still don't have any problem with the leaning issue, guess i'm one of the lucky ones. BTW the tm 323 produce more than enough power for the revo IMO. i think rb is now making a back plate for a roto start system go have a look on there web site.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:11 PM
nkbrisson

Bump boxes are well worth the money, yes they might be a bit bulky, but sure make starting so much easier.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:55 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

And you lose the extra weight of the start system. And you are less likely to have a leak. And you won't have to worry about a one-way bearing breaking.