Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage 21 Carb problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 06:05 AM
Pyroman2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 21 Carb problem

I have been through one full quart. about 6 tanks and it was running poorly so I figured it was just way to rich. Ndeedone had the same problem about the same time I did (6 tanks) so he turned his needles in all the way and come to find out they were way off of factory specs so he brought the low speed out to 4 1/2 turns and the high he left alone and it now runs great. Well today I went to tune my carb and I started to turn them all in and go with the factory settings. Well the low speed went way in like 6 0r 7 full turns. I figured something was wrong when my throttle wouldnt open at all. Well it seems the low speed needle backed the midrange needle out allot while I was turning the low. I need to know where "all the way in" is concerning the low speed needle cause if I keep turning it it just backs out the midrange. Someone who knows this stuff please help me.

Update: I went to the Lhs and he told me about why this happend but I still wanted to get some more opinions about how to correctly "fix the problem" and get this thing running perfectly.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:02 PM
LandShark

that is the problem same as what i got.

this is what you need to do

use a screw driver to close the midrange needle, then

back it out to factory setting. hold that screw drive, use

another hand with another screw driver to turn LSN
Old 01-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Pyroman2000

Thanks allot for the info Landshark. I read the book again this morning and that sounds like what I'm gonna need to do. I would like some other peoples opinions if possible though. Thanks for all the information possible.