Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Cant decide

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 07:08 AM
The_Butler_1999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant decide

Been lurking around thies forums for a while now .. cant decide if I want to buy the T-Maxx or the savage.

heres my question(s)

Is there anyone out there that have bolth? and if you where to buy another (of the two) what would you buy?

I live in Utah so we have bolth cold and warm weather here .. and I would like to play year round. ..

the Tmaxx has the 2.5 engine. is that in cc? .. and if so the savage is 2.1 (cc?) that would make is smaller no?

bigger truck smaller engine?

hummm ..
Old 01-20-2003, 01:52 PM
LooneyTunes

Default Cant decide

I don't have both but I do have a Savage. I can wholeheartedly recommend the Savage. It handles better than the Maxx and is quite tough. On the other hand the Maxx is faster. So it all depends on what you want out of your truck. Both are great.

the Tmaxx has the 2.5 engine. is that in cc? .. and if so the savage is 2.1 (cc?) that would make is smaller no
Yes the Tmaxx 2.5 engine is in cc. That makes it a .15. The Savages' .21 engine works out to 3.5cc. So the Savage does have a bigger engine.

LT
Old 01-20-2003, 03:24 PM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Default Cant decide

That bigger engine does not mean that it has more power though. The Traxxas 2.5 is really powerful. It can pull wheelies with ease on the T-Maxx.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:15 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Cant decide

The_Butler_1999.....The Savage was built up as a 21 (big block) rig so that is why there is a difference in engine size between it and the TMaxx. If your trying to compare the two from an engine size alone.....your not comparing apples to apples....etc.

I do not own both. I do however own the TMaxx and I am very happy with it. Mostly....what we all tend to want is the availability of parts....in case we brake something. To date....this is one of the strong points of the TMaxx as it has been around for some time where as the Savage is relatively new and parts just are not as available yet.

My reasons for recommending the TMaxx are: It's very powerful.....very fast....looks very nice with it's graphics design painted body.....handles well (for me).....has the EZ start system which makes it a breeze to start.....it has Traxxas support which is tops (according to others).....parts are available most everywhere.....very upgradeable if you want to.

I'm sure that if I owned a Savage....I would also be able to highlight it's good points.....but I think that can be best done by someone who owns one. Either way....I think you will be satisfied in whatever you decide.

Good Luck!
Old 01-20-2003, 07:13 PM
rcfireman
My Feedback: (1)

Default Cant decide

Well, I too was in the same situation just a few short weeks ago. After looking at both the T-Maxx and the Savage and knowing that I was wanting to play with it as well as race it I purchased the Savage.

If I was just going to play and trick out a R/C Truck with a bunch of cool parts I would have gone with the T-Maxx. Both have really good features and there is no bad truck between these two. They are both winners.

What it really comes down to is what are you going to do with it? Whatever choice you make, jump in with both feet and start having fun. If you look around at some of the older post, this topic has been addressed a number of times. If you review all the older post you will see that the you can not go wrong with either of these trucks.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:47 PM
The_Butler_1999

Default Cant decide

Mostly I will be plaing in sand/dirt. I go boating/fishing a lot .. so it will be around water. not in water LOL! but I dont want to have to worry about it breaking if I jump it or what not.

I want somthing fast but yet strong enough to take the beating that I would give it ..

Parts avaliability is a good factor to take into account.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:49 PM
rcfireman

Default Cant decide

STAY AWAY FROM SAND!!!!!!!!!! With that being said, it sounds like you are getting a T-Maxx!!!!!!! Enjoy.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:56 PM
The_Butler_1999

Default Cant decide

Originally posted by rcfireman
STAY AWAY FROM SAND

Durrr?????

Sand really? .. Seems the only place that I would be able to run it is in pretty much sand.

Whats the issues with sand .. what can I do to help protect it?
Old 01-20-2003, 08:06 PM
rcfireman

Default Cant decide

Sand wears things out very quickly and will DESTROY your engine if given the chance. I guess you could seal your receiver box, but your steering servo is still going to be exposed. Your bearings will take a beating. Your suspension will get hammered. All around your truck will get beat to crap!!!!!!!!

I stay away from sand at all cost; but thats me. I am sure that someone will reply and tell you that they run their MT in sand and they have never had any problems. This may be the case for them.

Sand is an abrasive substance how can it be good for a vehicle with such small parts? Only you can decide as it is your money.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:11 PM
Bluehydro8

Default Cant decide

Rcfireman is right; if you decide to run any truck in sand you will have the literally pay the consequences. I found that out the hard way. I took my old t-maxx to the beach about 3 months ago. Till this date it hasn’t run again. There are ways to protect the truck but they will cost in total more than the truck. Keep it in dirt or grass.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:58 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Cant decide

Pictures of my TMaxx and EMaxx:

http://groups.msn.com/AndysEHome/rct...to&PhotoID=307

http://groups.msn.com/AndysEHome/rct...to&PhotoID=308

http://groups.msn.com/AndysEHome/rct...to&PhotoID=309

http://groups.msn.com/AndysEHome/rct...to&PhotoID=310

http://groups.msn.com/AndysEHome/rct...to&PhotoID=311