Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

what should i get

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 06:38 AM
paechy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what should i get

I most probally will be getting one of these two truck and i was just wondering what would be better to get out of the LOSI AFTERSHOCK and the SAVAGE XSS kit and what speed will the savage get upto compared to the aftershock. CHEERS
Old 11-04-2006, 06:52 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: what should i get

IMO the Aftershock is not the truck to compare to the Savage X SS. You should be comparing the Savage to the LST2. The Aftershock - IMO - doesn't seem to make much sense, cuz all everybody ever says about them is that you might as well get the LST2 from the beginning cuz you're gonna end up getting most of its upgrades anyway..

Now, X SS or LST2? That's a tough call.. I have the latter, and intend to get the former. Those are THE two trucks I want to have.. The LST2 is big and huge and fast and high quality, etc.. The X SS has that old Savage toughness, PLUS HPI has remedied some of the Savage's perennial flaws - expecially weak, hard-to-get-to diffs(they are now in alu housings, and shimmed..) - which makes the X SS AWFULLY attractive.. IMO these are the two best trucks on the market right now. Which one you want depends on what you want to do, and just personal taste. The LST2 is probably(I can't say from experience, but I would guess "definitely" would be the better word here...) better for racing, and I would guess(haven't had the chance to run my new LST2 yet...) the Savage is tougher for huge jumps, bashing, etc... I should also just come out and say that I'm very much pro-Savy biased..

That said, especially if comepetitve, organized racing is not part of your plans, then just try to go to a shop that has both and see and touch and feel them for yourself.. That's what sold me on my first Savage and getting into RC in the first place..
Old 11-05-2006, 11:13 AM
jamadon30

Get the MGT man, cheaper and better. And with the money you save you can buy your girl something nice so she don't notice how many time you'll be spending with with your new truck :-)
Old 11-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: jamadon30

Get the MGT man, cheaper and better. And with the money you save you can buy your girl something nice so she don't notice how many time you'll be spending with with your new truck :-)

The RCs at Radio Shack are cheaper too, why not recommend one of them? They must be really good.

PLEASE explain why the MGT is a better truck than the LST2 or the Savage X SS.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:39 PM
lacrosse

would a duratrax warhead be a good beginners truck? also, would one of those bmx jumps work for a rc jump?
Old 11-05-2006, 06:49 PM
ssj2

Hey lacrosse, I posted a reply on your other thread so check that out.