Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Revo Engine Change

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 09:19 PM
nitro wildcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Engine Change

I am thinking about changing my 2.5r to a os .18 or a trx3.3. I want something a little easier to tune and is more reliable. Any suggestions
Old 11-05-2006, 09:27 PM
REVORN

Default RE: Revo Engine Change

ostm 18 is the most popular engine upgrade right now...but for me i go for rb 523, it has good package including manifold and a tune pipe...try to look for other suggestion also...
Old 11-06-2006, 06:04 PM
nitro wildcat

Does anyone have any suggestions with the tuning on the trx 2.5. I have motorsaver air filter and a trinity pipe on it. I had to richen it up alot but then I got it tuned in pretty good but it did not last long. I have had this problem ever since I have had my Revo> Can Antone help.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:16 PM
DaveG55

What didn't last long? The tune or the engine. 2.5's are notorious for not holding a tune very well. There's not really a lot to be done to make it more stable short of putting a different carb on it. That has helped some people. The OS engines have a reputation for holding a tune well.
The TM is a good engine that goes on easy and has lots of power. I like it on my Revo 2.5. I've heard good things about the RB523 too but I've got no experence with it. The Ofna-Picco .26 Maxx is susposed to be another good drop in engine but it too has a reputation for being hard to tune. Again, I cannot say from 1st hand experence
Old 11-06-2006, 08:17 PM
nitro wildcat

The tune on the motor didn't last long. I get it tuned and after 3-5 min. it goes all to heck. My son has a t-maxx 2.5 and i have never had to adjust it since break in. This is my second 2.5r and i spend more time tuning than racing my sons t-maxx and mt brother-in-laws savage. the first 2.5r was my fault engine did not get warm enough for break in but i took more care on the second one an went by the book.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Chronic

I can't speak for the 523, but the RB TM323 is an okay setup once you get it dialed in. It has plenty of power for the Revo, especially in a race weight truck. Tuning is kind of iffy, but it's not too bad.