RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Broken/Missing collet on OS30

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 09:36 PM
marshon50
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken/Missing collet on OS30

Hey has anyone ever had an engine collet break (the collet is the brass cone shaped thing behind your flywheel)? I've got an OS 30 on my BB TNX w/ 18 tooth pinion, 41 T spur combo. My clutch was constantly engaged evidenced by the wheels spinning upon trying to use the rotostart. I removed the engine and my flywheel is loose however the clutch nut is still tight, and I don't see the collet. The collet was definitely installed correctly when the flywheel/clutch assemby was assembled because I ran this same setup the last time out. Towards the end of the day last time out I did notice my wheels turning as I started the engine and I knew I had clutch issues but kept running. I just revved the engine and 'threw' the truck down as to not stop the wheels from spinning and flaming out the engine.