RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Mammoth MT Starter Box?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Maggster
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mammoth MT Starter Box?

Does anyone know which (if any) starter box will work with the Mammoth monster truck without removing the gear cover? I bought an Ofna, but had to return it because the gear cover wouldn't let the chassis sit low enough to engage the wheel.

My one way is slipping and I am tired of messing with it. I pulled the engine, cleaned the bearing, put it back together, it still slips. There is no such thing as a "local" hobby shop where I live, so a new one way shipped is going to be around $30. I think I would rather buy a starter box and not have to worry about it anymore.

Thanks,
Lynn
Old 12-16-2006, 07:01 PM
ssj2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mammoth MT Starter Box?

If I'm not mistaken you could use this: http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/146055.asp
I'm not completely sure though, however, you would have to make an incision in basically any starter box to accommodate for the spur gear cover hanging so low. If I were you, I'd post up on here: http://globalservices.globalhobby.co...c44d7cf3e55ead
Post at the above link or call XTM Customer Service and ask their opinion on the situation. Then you can get a direct company recommendation. Sorry I couldn't help, but I wish you luck!