Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Most Durable Savage,Warhead,Tmaxx

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Most Durable Savage,Warhead,Tmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 11:26 AM
bfzmlp74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most Durable Savage,Warhead,Tmaxx

Im going tomorrow to get me and my son some new RC's he currently has a stamped and I havn't had one for about 4 years. The hobby store were I live carry Savage, Warhead, and Tmaxx all we use them for is out of the box back yard bashing and we bash them hard. I want one that starts easy and is the most durable. I love the speed but will sacrifice it for durability.
What is the best out of the three.
Thanks everyone
Old 12-29-2006, 04:29 PM
duckedup

Default RE: Most Durable Savage,Warhead,Tmaxx

Savage..... The regular Warhead and Tmaxx = headaches... If it's the Warhead EVO that they have, then I'm not sure, seems like people like it so far (still got the same hit or miss motor though..) If it's strictly between those 3 then I'd say Savage... Even the Savage X has it's issues though (which every truck does, some more than others..)
Old 12-29-2006, 04:46 PM
RLMHPI

Did u say basher if you did SAVAGE all the way very durable strong decent engine built tough!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 07:55 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

SAVAGE!!! Period.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:47 PM
turtok187

I got 2 Warheads and 2 Savages, I recommend the Savage X SS (only the SS!, the X RTR was not well built).
hav phun!
Old 01-01-2007, 03:24 AM
Baroncowboy
My Feedback: (1)

I got 2 Warheads and 2 Savages, I recommend the Savage X SS (only the SS!, the X RTR was not well built).
hav phun!
Not trying to rain on anyones parade,but I own a RTR and so long as you maintane your ride like you should regardless of what version you own,they are no less reliable in any way....This might have been arguable before the new Savage X showed up,but HPI has just about fixed the RTR up as far as reliability go's as much as the SS minus a few eye candy pieces....

Anyhow defenatly the savage regardless.... HPI messed up on the name,when this truck would have been better labeled "The Tank"
I have ran with just about every R/C monster out there with my savage,and no joke,I have often been caught running longer than the rest for the durability factor....... I have wrecked so bad a few times,and cart-wheeled end over end so far,I was 99% positive I was going to be replacing parts when come to find out,all it needed was to be restarted...
I love it when Traxxas guys "No Offence meant" come to bash with me... Almost everytime,their day is cut short due to their brittle designed trucks.... The Traxxas's are defenatly lighter and have some-what of an advantage "on the track" in stock form,however the weight savings and their horizontal pan chassis is also their demise when it comes to durability issues... This usualy sparks a fight with the Traxxas crowd,but fact is fact,and their is simply nothing that compares to the Savage's bashing abilitys regarding durability... Get one and it'll speak for its selfin this matter...
Old 01-01-2007, 04:51 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a bit like asking "what's faster, a Porsche Carrera GT, or a 1984 K-car, or 1972 Gremlin??"

Enjoy your Savage.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:31 PM
chrobar

SAVAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 02:53 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

This is a bit like asking "what's faster, a Porsche Carrera GT, or a 1984 K-car, or 1972 Gremlin??"

Enjoy your Savage.
lol!..now that's some funny stuff right there..
Old 01-02-2007, 01:13 PM
tn rc bug

ditto
Old 01-02-2007, 04:09 PM
MegaDeth859

I have a Revo with a titanium undercarriage which is probably why I haven't broken anything, but I have to agree with the rest of the forum and say that the Savage is the most durable in stock form. You don't have to worry about any Savage X factory defects because if you check the HPI site, they are offering free replacement parts for the defective batch of Savage X trucks. That's just great customer service. I'll be adding a Savage X SS to my collection in a couple of weeks. I have to agree with BaronCowboy's comment about maintaining your truck.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:55 PM
talkrc

REVO BETTER THAN ALL
Old 01-03-2007, 09:19 PM
RLMHPI

Keep convincing yourself that the SAVAGE is king of bashers and all you revo owners know it!!!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:05 AM
savage_x_basher

out of that list ide go with a savage.so far ive own a revo,savage,and a s-maxx.my favorite is the s-maxx(nothing has broken on it ever and ive owned it 4 months)the reason why i say savage is when my savage ran more then 1 tank without stripping a spur it was a blast,the revo is terrible its not compareble to these 2 trucks.imo