Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

does anyone's Warhead reverse acctually work?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

does anyone's Warhead reverse acctually work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:56 AM
concept1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone's Warhead reverse acctually work?

I have a original Warhead which I love but just have had little luck with it's reverse. this is the only issue I Have so far though. I bought the truck slightly used, and the reverse gears were stripped. I rebuilt the tranny and on the bench it seems to work ok, but running it locks up unless you engage the reverse or Fwd, while it is still moving slowly. if you are stopped it will lock up. any ideas? or how well does your reverse work? on the bench if you engauge reverse and spin the main gear just a bit it engauges easily.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:42 AM
89ram

Default RE: does anyone's Warhead reverse acctually work?

mine works, but it's a bit irregular. if i want to shift, i stop the truck completely, then tap the throttle a couple times to get it shifted. i try not to shift it at all. this sucks because having rev was one of the reasons i bought a warhead in the first place. now it just takes up space because my revos are so much better. i also have a huge pile of spare parts for a warhead taking up space too. i think it's warhead liquidation time!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Rice_slayer

Mine works great! you ned to STOP completely to idle then flip the switch and slowly accelerate, saves me from running to move it from the fence. Just dont overuse it, like a Remote car starter, its not going to hurt the car if you dont use it ALL the time, but will do bad damage(ie, warped flywheel) if you use it too much.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:30 AM
concept1
My Feedback: (2)

thanks,
rice slayer

when you flip the switch and slowly go, does it engage as soon as you flip the switch, or does it engage as you accelerate?

mine will not engauge at idle more then 20% of the time, but if I engage it while it is still slowly rolling to a stop it works 100%. basically while it is still coasting to a stop, just before it comes to a stop if I hit the switch it engauges. both Fwd and reverse.
on the bench if I hit the switch and give the wheels a spin it engauges easily, but by spinning the mail gear it is harder??
Old 01-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Rice_slayer

For me i stop, flip the switch then the truck jerks a little then you can press down the throttle to get it to go in reverse.