Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

few questions on MGT

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 05:48 AM
mcstarr25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few questions on MGT

my gf bought me a MGT for xmas. I just had a chance to break it in. i was using some traxxas 20% since it had good oil content and a standard plug. i want to move up to trinity 25% quickly. what plug should a run? a mc59? or a colder one...i live in las vegas..right now its pretty cold, would a hotter be better for now? then switch to a cold in the summer..

also the meaty tires, i love em. but once the season gets going im gonna wanna switch to some bow ties or more race type tires..

since the stock are so large compared to 40's do i need to adjust the gear ratio to compensate for the smaller tire?..more torque or accl?

also im looking into getting a .32 in this next year. an os or a nova, what kind of work should be done do the diff's and tranny?

im probably going to remove the reverse later and put the forward only kit in for sure, but for now i like the reverse quite a bit and plan on keeping it in for a while

Old 01-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Bria1

Default RE: few questions on MGT

Good move on ditching the traxxas fuel. The oil content is WAY too high. I guess that's ok for break in though. I would try running it with the plug you have now. It should be fine.
I changed the clutch bell to a 18 tooth to compensate for the smaller tires. It all depends on where you are running it. If you don't need the top speed, just adding the smaller tires will give you better acceleration.
If your putting in an engine with more power, I'd recommend getting the [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKLB1&P=Z]Robinson Racing spur/slipper kit[/link]. The reverse does work good on this truck, but I'd still recommend the forward only conversion. It removes a lot of weight from the trans and really helps with acceleration and top speed. Some people recommend shimming the diffs to get a tighter fit between the pinion and ring gears. There is more info on the [link=http://www.monster****rum.com/]mgt forum[/link].
Old 01-05-2007, 09:03 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

your gf made a good choice or u suggested that to her hehehe..bowties or crimefighters will be good for the mgt..i run 18/49 gearing and im doin alot of wheelies with my wasp26..i used 30% with my tt21 when i had it..a lot of people suggest traxxas 33% also but i never tried it..

Old 01-05-2007, 11:39 AM
redfox03

check out my mgt.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45040.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	591280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93584.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	591281  
Old 01-05-2007, 04:03 PM
mcstarr25

hehe yes she did.

i took note of those gear ratios. wont be for a while im gonna burn through this motor for the time being

thanks for the suggestions everyone.

now only if i can find time to actually do more then break this sucker in, the weahter took a turn for the worst last night, so my plan of driving before work was trashed..