RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Help choose MT please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:25 PM
dmitchell80
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help choose MT please.

Hello all. I just sold my t-maxx 2.5 as i did not like it at all. I am in the market for a new MT. I will not be racing it at all since there is no track near me. It will be used just for driving around the park etc. I will not be doing huge jumps with it. Looking at getting the LST2 or the Savage X SS. Any help would be great.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:17 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Help choose MT please.

Savage XSS, or LST2? You cant go wrong with either. Though i feel my XSS is better suited for bashing, than my LST2. You'd be happy with either one.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:23 PM
dmitchell80

If I go with the Savage X SS would the JR XS3 be a good radio and servos for it or should I spend the extra and get the spektrum? Anything that you need to buy with the LST2 or is it ready enough out of the box?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:53 PM
ThermalRD

Well, the LST2 is a RTR, and comes with the xs3 radio. The battery it comes with is even decent. You will need a battery for the spin start unit ( 6 cell, 7.2 volt battery). Any cheap pack should do. As well as some AA's for the radio itself. Other than that, its RTR. Aside from the fuel obviously.

The XSS will require servos, radio, and RX battery. I'd go with the Spektrum DX 3.0 unit. It comes with two servos, one thats metal geared, and can be used for the steering. It also comes with a second Spektrum RX. Which you can sell, if you dont need.

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM20300]DX 3.0[/link]
Old 01-09-2007, 09:55 PM
ThermalRD

DX 3.0 is 229 at A-main hobbies. [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_61_119/products_id/9148]DX 3.0 at a-main[/link]

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/7805]Savage XSS at a-main 399[/link]
Old 01-09-2007, 10:03 PM
89ram

my 2cents is for a 3.3 revo, but you may have already found your new toy!
Old 01-09-2007, 10:18 PM
dmitchell80

Yeah I think it will be getting either the LST2 or savage x ss. It's a tough choice. Now even thinking of the losi 8ight Truggy. It's only going to be for bashing and not on anything very rough.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:41 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i think the truggy wont be good for bashing..ur choices are both good..just buy one for now then get the other one next time ..hehehe..thats what happened to me idk which one to get so over the years i tried to get the ones i liked heehhe..goodluck..
Old 01-10-2007, 02:22 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, I have both, but they're both new, it's winter here, so they're both still not broken in!!!... Gonna do a comparo-bash-athon in the spring, and sell the loser...

LST2 is BIGGER, from video's I've seen probably faster, and defintely handles better.. I've really only seen LST2's in videos - but man they sure look good in motion - especially in the air... Also weighs a ton... Don't really know what to expect toughness-wise, to be honest.. I hear very, very different things..

The X SS is probably tougher, doesn't handle nearly as well, but you do get the fun of putting it together yourself. For a long time I didn't like the idea of building a kit - mostly cuz I was worried I'd screw something(so expensive..) up.. It's actually very easy, and kinda' enjoyable it being winter and all...

Both trucks seem to be THE truck to have at the mome, along maybe with the Revo 3.3... I would think any of those three would be totally awesome..

As in you can't go wrong with any of 'em... Get the one your gut says to go with..
Old 01-10-2007, 03:00 PM
RCtruckRacer

I will not be racing it at all since there is no track near me
Is the only ferry to the states the one that goes to Port Angeles? I only ask because Peel-It Raceway, one of the best indoor offroad tracks in the USA, is in Alington WA. Can't be more than 30 miles from Victoria as the crow flies.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:57 PM
dmitchell80

Thanks for the input everyone. I just ordered a LST2. Can't wait for it to get here. Should be here next week. Hoping the snow is melted by then lol.

ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer

I will not be racing it at all since there is no track near me
Is the only ferry to the states the one that goes to Port Angeles? I only ask because Peel-It Raceway, one of the best indoor offroad tracks in the USA, is in Alington WA. Can't be more than 30 miles from Victoria as the crow flies.
There is a ferry that goes to Seattle as well. Don't know how to get to Alington from either place? Is there good bus service there? I used to race buggies back home, but have not been able to race in over 6 years :'( Been itching to get back into it lol.