Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

t-maxx wont wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:43 PM
too slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-maxx wont wheelie

my t-maxx 3.3 sucks its my second gas truck 2nd t-maxx and never had as many problems with the tunning its pi$$ing me off right now its cold weather and will drive my truck and i drive my truck full throttle top of 1st gear then it cuts out and then i richen it then clearout the carb and cuts out again then i get angry because its not the nice kind of truck where it will almost selftune its self it the evil kind that hates to wheelie sure it will wheelie in the grass when it wants to doesnt wheelie at all on pavement even if i do a stand still in the grass it still wont wheelie help me
Old 01-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Baroncowboy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: t-maxx wont wheelie

First off,should have bought a Savage to begin with... Much tougher,far better engine...ect.
Second,Traxxas is notorius for making the most user hatefull engines....
Third... Did you break the truck in,and what type of fuel are you running?
Forth... Dont expect the truck to wheelie on pavement when its cold...
Stock T-Maxx tires suck anyhow,as they are really to hard of a compound to grip well
And did you check to make sure the plug is tight? And the also the head? Sometimes this is the sorceof such a problem... Sounds like an air leak of some sort...
The reason I ask about the fuel,is because Traxxas engines run alot hotter than most engines,and certain fuels have an "over heating protective chemical" in the blend,like blue thunder for example.,has a chem. called ZX7 or some crap,that gels once it reaches the heat limit for the blend,which in turn makes the engine kill as an internal protective device....
Junk if you ask me....
About the wheelies>
Best thing to do,is buy a better set of tires,like some pro-lines for example...
If performance matters most to you,I wouldnt recomend any other brand,as other companies such as IMEX makes great scalelooking tires,but are unfortunatly heavier than any others Ive tested and that pays a toll in performance quality... I have 40 series big Joes on my savage,and a WASP 28,and its all you can do not to flip the dang thing every time you punch the throttle....
But anyways.... If you want help,you'll have to be more specific on details...
Let me know....
Old 01-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Ken448

first off, not to play grammar police but WOW... Ever heard of a sentence, perhaps some punctuation?
Second, if it is cold out, then the engine needs to be rich to run properly, and the temps need to be able to get to optimal operating temps (220*F plus)
Third, NO nitro truck will self tune.
Fourth, if you want to wheelie:
1. Raise center of gravity.
2. Tighten rear suspension.
3. Make sure the slipper isnt slipping excesivley
4. And most important. Proper engine tune is a must, and it wont EVER "self tune".
5. Perhaps the tires arent hooking up on pavement as well as on the grass.

IMO, theres no reason a T Maxx with a 3.3 wont be able to spend 80% of its life on its lid from wheelies with a proper setup. Its short, tall, and powerful.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:32 PM
too slow

yes the truck is broken in by using heat cycling, i run 20% monster horse power, i took the stock revo tires that come with the truck off so and replaced them with t-maxx 2.5 tires because they have more tread to them so they would be better for snow i thought about putting the revo tires back on to see if it would wheelie with that. i haven't yet but i will soon, i put stiffer springs on the truck, kept the stock shocks but haven't put my 50 weight shock oil in yet. all the shock setting are still set at stock position. its mostly my tunning because if its cutting out and richening it in cold weather somthing is seriously wrong then. i will have somebody tune it for me because i gave up on tunning after i put the screw back to break-in setting which is pretty rich i also tighten the glow plug replaced a few times and it has an o-ring
Old 01-30-2007, 06:48 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Doug, you did not balance your tires

Everything on the truck makes it sound like it should wheelie from what I've concluded so it must be your tuning....I'll tune it for you next time we meet up.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:25 PM
too slow

matt we have club on the 7th of febuary so it sucks your not bringing in your tnx becaus we could drag but i can still challenge that dude with the jato and all those slower cars with the mini quake
Old 02-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Steve455400
My Feedback: (11)

check out this website I found I bet they can get it to wheelie. it's called S&D's Nitro RC Shop the website is below:

http://t-maxxcrazy.wetpaint.com
Old 02-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Ken448

ORIGINAL: steve losi

check out this website I found I bet they can get it to wheelie. it's called S&D's Nitro RC Shop the website is below:

http://t-maxxcrazy.wetpaint.com

STOP SPAMMING THE FORUMS ALREADY!
Old 02-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Fallen Angel[FLC]

IMO, theres no reason a T Maxx with a 3.3 wont be able to spend 80% of its life on its lid from wheelies with a proper setup. Its short, tall, and powerful.
sounds like a pointless hobby-a bit like golf-spend your time walking after the darn thing