Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage is NOT a submarine!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 04:48 AM
Pyroman2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage is NOT a submarine!!!!

OK OK OK, I know all of you guys are going DUH!!!
but I sure took mine for a dive. Heres how it took place....

Nice sunday afternoon, perfect for ripping it up at the track or in the back yard.. NdeedOne, Brewyet, and I decided to go to the new track because they were supposed to be shooting a new video for the LHS and we wanted to be a part of that. Well we showed up and pulled out our rigs. Ripped it up all day without much really happening.. Got tired and decided to go home, well when we got back we wanted just a little more back yard fun.. we all took em out and were driving around and I decided to go on the NEW jump NdeedOne had created in his back yard... BIG MISTAKE. This new jump was over a ditch. Well it had rained a good bit lately so it was full. I cleared the ditch one way but on my way back I hit it........... water flew and my heart sank....I ran over and saw my baby UPSIDE DOWN, UNDER WATER. I pulled it out and at least a gallon poured out from the truck..Well I took it and pumped out all the water from the engine and ran a tank through it. the engine checked out fine. Electronics on the other hand were cooky. Took them appart to let them dry and thats the state my Savage is in.... Demoralized, guts hanging out everywhere like a sad puppy dog that just had a bath. Bottom line guys is that the Savage is NOT a submarine or boat.. PLEASE try to stay away from the water hazzards.

PS... LIKE BOATS
Old 02-05-2003, 04:55 AM
SINNER

Light a fire under it Pyroman.

Just kidding. Sorry about your misfortune. Hope all ends well and cheaply. That kind of crash has a real pucker factor doesn't it. Hard landings are one thing , but those ( I may have really f'd up this time) event's just make you sick cause the damage isn't always apparent straight off. Keep us posted and good luck.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:10 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

HEck why dont you try to wipe with some water displacement liquid?
That should help!

WD 40 comes to mind.
But whatever you do make sure its clean and non flamable when you start it!
Last thing you want is a jumping fireball!
Hope it works out!
-ram
Old 02-05-2003, 01:52 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

i took some extensive mp waterprofing. I made a rubber gasket for the radio bow so its sealed, the servos i selaed with silicone gasket sealer, and i made an airbox type thing for the engine. It wont portect the engine under water, but stop it from sucking it in if it splashes on it. Try this stuff
Old 02-05-2003, 02:00 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Hydrolocking can be pretty bad!
IT happened to my friends car (real car).
we were driving and we hit a small body of water.. we didnt know there was a ditch in there as well!
The can sorta sank in for a minute.. water came in.. as well as the airbox and hydrolicked the engine and siezed it!
He got a new warranty engine
-ram