Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

New monster van in progress (vids)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New monster van in progress (vids)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 10:28 AM
rva1945

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New monster van in progress (vids)

I decided to build a monster van, mounting a 1/25 1982 VW Vanagon body from Revell over a 4wd, front & rear steering, homemade drive system.

The wheels come from the Iwaver monster spare parts. It has two motors coming from the copier industry, they are small and already mounted with tiny metal gears with great reduction (I don't know the exact ratio, but seems to be similar to those in the servos), and two micro servos. The TX has a mixing capability that lets me actuate both servos with just one channel. And I can make it crab!

The rear steering has aprox. half the rate of the front one.

I just finished both front and rear drive systems, but couldn't wait for the job to be finished, so I mounted them over a plastic strip, fixed with adhesive tape, as for a first trial. The ESC is just a servo electronic board: both motors drain no more than 150mA at full speed (Ok I have poor proportional control, but now I don't care, I'll tell you later...).

Please see the vids below. I consider it runs fine, I wasn't looking for speed, and I finally made a homemade RC car run over the grass at home! The quality is poor but the vids were made to test a cell phone camera (never again). The format is 3gp.

Enjoy
Robert

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...drivegrass.flv
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...nsterdrive.flv

Old 02-13-2007, 10:52 AM
89ram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New monster van in progress (vids)

neat!