Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New MGT

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 01:41 AM
scottywilkes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New MGT

Nice, how u find the soft powerstrokes springs? I find it to soft still with the white/grey springs. Out of all ya RCs where would u say the MGT ranks?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:41 PM
mentorman
My Feedback: (2)

I finally got my MGT and started the break in. Raised the shift point, did the 4th channel mod and a 6v hump. I am very impressed with the setup, All you cool dudes and maybe gals ( you never know ) helped me make my decision and I thank you all for that. My money was well spent! All your pics and vids are awesome!
Old 02-20-2007, 11:32 PM
farknben

ORIGINAL: mentorman

I finally got my MGT and started the break in. Raised the shift point, did the 4th channel mod and a 6v hump. I am very impressed with the setup, All you cool dudes and maybe gals ( you never know ) helped me make my decision and I thank you all for that. My money was well spent! All your pics and vids are awesome!
Dude your so gonna love it!!!!!! Welcome to the club. Sorry I didnt post earlier, I havent been on much. Theres tons of great info in the regular MGT thread(as you've probably already been told) or just ask if you need any help.

As far as upgrades IMO lunsford rods would be the next I would do if I were you. You'll get sick of the stock ones popping off and bending real fast.

Enjoy!

BTW GO Michigan State!!! Beat #1 tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:48 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

Nice, how u find the soft powerstrokes springs? I find it to soft still with the white/grey springs. Out of all ya RCs where would u say the MGT ranks?

i think those springs were the ones that came in the package..anyway i gave up 2 lsts and will give my revo up also when the time comes but not my mgt and my savage..i guess that answer's your question hehehe
Old 02-22-2007, 10:08 PM
pmauceri

my lhs broke my engine in and im new to nitro and i was wondering how do you tune it
Old 02-22-2007, 11:34 PM
OneMoreSuicide

ORIGINAL: mentorman

I waiting for my new MGT, Will it do wheelies?? I will be bashing with a New savage X and it pulls some nice wheelies with a tight slipper, and its fairly fast. What do you guys think? This is my first Monster truck.
with a tuned pipe, tighten slipper and a slightly leaned out low-end needle mine does wheelies.. if fact it did a great wheelie the other day... straight into a concrete pillar...lol buh-bye steering block!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:01 AM
mentorman

Mine isnt even broken in all the way and its doing forwards and backwards wheelies no problem.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:17 AM
redfox03

thats how mine was when i first got it, wheelies in forward or reverse. now i have a dynamite mach .28 in, alot better than the stocker and it pops wheelies all day even with the moab tires on.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:37 AM
Ewanni

Are you sure it's wise to accelerate to wheelies if you're still doing the break in?
Old 02-28-2007, 08:39 PM
ccamachotc3

scott has helped a lot but i have a question i tightend the rear shock and my damn truck still doesnt pop any wheelies and im running a .28 axial. scott what the hell do i do. all four rear shocks are tight but i dont wanna make them to tight.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:52 PM
duckedup

You put preload spacers in the rear shocks? or do you have stiff springs? preload spacers alone won't do much.... I could pull wheelies with red springs all around and I ran 50k in the stock shocks..it pulled wheelies often, not every time but most.. FOC was a big help too, pulled wheelies whenever I wanted after that
Old 02-28-2007, 09:09 PM
ccamachotc3

alright listen i am really new to the hobby so i dont know wat preloaded spacers look like but i have tighten the shocks and there stock. and the springs are stock. how do u put pics on here so i can show u guys
Old 02-28-2007, 09:16 PM
duckedup

Preload spacers are the plastic spacers the stock shocks come with, they are used to adjust the ride height (or "tighten").... the stock springs are too soft for just about every kind of driving in my opinion, you'd be much happier getting all red (8) -or- one pack of copper (4) and just put one on each arm... that'll help out in the wheelie department.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:22 PM
ccamachotc3

where do u suggest i buy these springs and do u know how to put pics on here?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:14 PM
mentorman

It was all low RPM, on the rich side. So IMO I didnt hurt it, I was easy on it. Plus what I might consider still breaking in, you might consider well broken in, you know?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:27 AM
MrN8

ORIGINAL: ccamachotc3

where do u suggest i buy these springs and do u know how to put pics on here?

Sometimes you can score a set off of eBay for a nice price. Otherwise, grab them from Tower Hobbies. I think there's a $10 off $25 coupon floating around for Tower, so that will save you shipping costs + $1.01.

To post a pic, you have to upload it somewhere (pic hosting site like photobucket works well). Then use the image tag around the address of the picture. It's [ image ] http://url.com [ /image ] (remove all the spaces from the image tags and front and back of the address)