Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

HPI Savage [Not a question, just sharing]

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

HPI Savage [Not a question, just sharing]

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 02:19 AM
OneMoreSuicide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Savage [Not a question, just sharing]

Well My brother decided he's getting the savvy rtr.. he said hes going to a not-so-local hobby shop about an hour and a half from his home to pick it up and about 150 bucks of fuel and mods.. I keep trying to get him to come here and ask questions and talk about monster trucks but hes just being lazy or something...lol i took a trip to his house about 2 weeks ago to let him drive my mgt and he loved it.. he scared me tho.. he was the 1st person i let drive it.. he was jumping it something like 10 foot in the air and it scared me.. i have done worse but HE was scaring me.. i think its because i wasn't in control...lol
Old 03-20-2007, 11:15 AM
[email protected]

Default RE: HPI Savage [Not a question, just sharing]

It's your baby and you don't want it to break, at least not with your brother in control. It's like when my wife takes out my truck scares the crap out of me.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:55 PM
atv_motocross#38

I never let any body drive my trucks. I am fourteen and i take pride in my trucks and i have never broken anything big on them. I love driving them up and down my road and having people coming down just to see me drive them.

My rigs: Warhead EVO, Nitro Evader ST, Evader ST and a Raze
Old 03-20-2007, 09:41 PM
OneMoreSuicide

Yeah.. once I went to a skate park with a skate bowl and i was driving it and this kid kept asking.. "Can I drive it?" and all I could ever say was... uh no.. thanks...

lol the only reason my brother drove it is because we share blood... thats it...lol and he has driven nitro r/c before.. he had a Nitro Rustler for his 1st rc and he drove my old buggy all the time..

so blood and experience.. thats it...lol
Old 03-20-2007, 09:44 PM
OneMoreSuicide

ORIGINAL: Duratraxman1

I never let any body drive my trucks. I am fourteen and i take pride in my trucks and i have never broken anything big on them. I love driving them up and down my road and having people coming down just to see me drive them.

Hey, how do you like the Warhead Evo.. im thinking of getting that in the not to distant future..
Old 03-20-2007, 10:14 PM
-EXTRA-

ORIGINAL: OneMoreSuicide

ORIGINAL: Duratraxman1

Hey, how do you like the Warhead Evo.. im thinking of getting that in the not to distant future..
dad has one and its awesome has crazy power and hauls butt,i stripped out my head on my 3.3 (stupid me)
Old 03-21-2007, 02:43 AM
SaucerHead

Yea if kids around the neighborhood ask to drive my MGT i usually just make up crap about "break-in" and make it sound as un-fun as possible so they decide themselves it's not worth driving
Old 03-21-2007, 03:15 AM
Thorough Hobbyist

If I have this situation when I start driving the MGT I can say it takes a license to use one and I am certified
Old 03-21-2007, 08:23 AM
[email protected]

I try to tell people and kids it's not just a toy it's the best toy, and you should buy your own. I let my friends drive them because if they break it I will get the money from them to fix it. The crazy thing is my cen ct5 attracts a lot of people when running in the parking lot. I think people get frighten of my MGT when it comes screeming buy. This just is a dumb question but have you ever run your rc into yourself? I hit my leg with the MGT and cut my leg open. yes I'm a jackass.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:33 PM
atv_motocross#38

I have run my trucks into my leg before but i have never had any serious damage done like cutting my leg open. I was running my warhead on my lawn and the batteries were getting low and i stuck the thruttle on full and i steered right towards me and the throttle stuck because the batteries were low and hit my shins. My friend (fire_racer17) always hits me with his savage.[]

Old 03-21-2007, 05:45 PM
OneMoreSuicide

My MGT has given me some love taps before...lol tough love.. uh taps..lol... no blood though...lol
Old 03-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Chronic

I've been hit lots of times, but no injuries...yet. I got knocked to the ground by a Revo once though. I was trying to step out of the way and he managed to hit the foot that was still on the ground. Took me right down, and I'm a big guy.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:00 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys got to learn how to JUMP lol. I scream my truck right by me and hop over them, everyone gets a kick out of watching it.

Didn't your mom's teach you guys to share. i let alot of people drive my trucks, i take great pride in them but in the end it's just a toy and if they break a part it's only like 10 bucks and it's fixed. Now i mostly only let me friends drive my trucks, not complete strangers UNLESS it is in an open field with nothing to hit, then really what can they do to it? I do think it's a bit rude to just ask someone you don't know to drive their 300-500 dollar truck though.

I am a bit stingy here since i'm deployed and it takes a good 2 weeks to get a simple part, the local workers always come out and watch me when i drive my trucks, one guy asked to drive my little stampede but i just broke the caster arm so it was all jacked up, i showed him where it was broke but he didn;t understand because he speaks russian, so i was like whatever dude its broken you ain;t going anywhere so i gave him the controller, 5 second later after the wheel was crooked and he went 2 feet he gave it back, i was like, i told you it was broken lol.

I busted out my GST 7.7 yesterday and was hitting jumps tearing through the mud and i had about 8 of them looking ooh ahhh, i won't let them drive it if they ask though, the trucks to expensive and there are WAY to many things to run into....like the compound wall which i myself ran into and broke the heck out of it myself. But sometimes it gets more people into the hobby when you share, my Gunny wants to buy one now. Anyway enough rambling.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:25 PM
[email protected]

I was watching a guy drive his truck and the throttle stuck and his face was funny as hell[X(] the panic in his face had me on the ground cracking up. I had that happen to me so I thought it was just to funny. My boat got out of range and I was like stop!!!!!!!!! then I had to go to the other side of the lake to get my boat and had a dumb smile on my face I was like I'm such an a hole.