Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Anyone own a Duratrax Mini Quake?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Anyone own a Duratrax Mini Quake?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 03:09 PM
atv_motocross#38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone own a Duratrax Mini Quake?

I am looking for a new truck to add to my collection. I have enough nitro trucks to last a while and i would like a little truck to run inside when it is not fit to run nitro outside. I really like the Mini Quake because it looks so cool, with its eight aluminum shocks and nice body. What is the difference between the RTR and SE?

Thanks in Advance

My Rigs: Warhead EVO, Nitro Evader ST, Evader ST and a Raze
Old 03-21-2007, 02:29 AM
SaucerHead

Default RE: Anyone own a Duratrax Mini Quake?

Seems the SE is a tad more factory upgraded, and allows you to pick whatever motor you would like, along with the ESC, radio, battery pack and body paint. Pretty sure the SE is mostly if not all built for you. You'll just need to install motor, ESC, servo, etc. If you just want something to play with around the house and dont plan on hopping up, I would just go with the RTR. IMO
Old 03-21-2007, 08:32 AM
jombo

get the se, it has aluminum upgrades all around and pretty much all the upgrades you'll ever need. just buy a cheap radio and a speed 400 motor, duratrax batt and the duratrax esc for 25.00 or so. when i check them out i priced everything seprate and the rtr and it was only a few bucks more for the se, but if you need to upgrade the rtr its more money, the se is a better stronger truck.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:06 PM
irockdude

Screw the MQ AND the MQSE! Get the new Vendetta ST! this things great, even if you dont hop it up.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Chronic

The Vendetta ST does look nice... but at this point, I would wait and get the Mini LST2 when it comes out. I know they addressed the diffs, if the steering is better thwn I would go with that one for everything but racing.

That said, I do really like my Mini Quake SE. It felt kind of flimsy when I first pulled it out of the box but I'm really surprised at how durable it has been. I put like $195 in the truck itself, a fullsize Airtronics BL-Racer ESC, Duratrax VR-3 motor, 13T pinion, IB1400 6 cell pack, and Deans plugs with all of the wiring/accessories. I already had the Spektrum SR3000 RX and Spektrum Z270 servo for steering.

I don't know that much about 1:18 trucks and how this one really stacks up against the competition, but I'm very happy with it. It's fast for a non brushless 1:18 and it jumps very well. The handling seems to be excellent compared to the other 1:18s I've driven, but that might just be me and my style of driving since I'm used to the MQ.