HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: tnx 5.2 or tmaxx 3.3

TNX5.2. Cuz it's bigger.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Alteramod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say the tnx but from what I hear its harder to get parts for. As for t-maxx..... its easier to get parts for but I think you would find you would be getting them alot more
Old 04-05-2007, 12:05 PM
mordraid

I would go with the TNX. It's a more capable truck out of the box. It is big block and pretty light for a monster truck.

The bottom line is parts availability. Ebay is about the only way to get spare parts for the TNX. You can get them pretty cheap by the way.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:38 PM
-EXTRA-

Tmaxx,defently durable can take w/e you throw at it and then some.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:01 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

then y is urs in pices?
Old 04-05-2007, 05:21 PM
pythonfan

Tnx all the way!
Old 04-05-2007, 05:22 PM
-EXTRA-

cause i stripped the head on it?has nothin to due with the durablility of the truck.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:25 PM
pythonfan

sound noobish?[:-] if u strped the head then that has to do with durabilty, if it will strip then hmm....?[:-]
Old 04-05-2007, 05:28 PM
-EXTRA-

i figured the last thing i would be at this is a noob,my dad has been into this hobby for 25 years now and has taght be plenty thanx,the truck died after i took a jump and it would start back up and when i went to take the glow plug out it was loose so i went to tighten it and it didnt tighted half of the pressure i usally put on it and strip there it went if you think its so crappy call traxxas up and complain to them not me!
Old 04-05-2007, 05:30 PM
pythonfan

i'm not complaining! i'm brakin ur chops. and beside i have been in this hobby 11+ years!
Old 04-05-2007, 05:32 PM
-EXTRA-

and that's awesome my dad didnt want me to get into it till he thought i was responsible enough and could appreciate the expensive cars i would get thats why iv only been into it for 3.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:34 PM
pythonfan

well good for u!
Old 04-05-2007, 05:36 PM
-EXTRA-

yea i know!
Old 04-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Dil

from the old tnx and the t-maxx the TNX is the better one, pretty much the same with the new one i suppose
Old 04-05-2007, 06:02 PM
jonnymac

Easy now girls.
No hair pulling and scratching.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:45 AM
Alteramod

ORIGINAL: jonnymac

Easy now girls.
No hair pulling and scratching.
haha I was laughing enough before I even read that now I think I may pass out .

Anyways..... I have had 2 original t-maxx's and two of the 2.5r t-maxx's. Only one of them was half decent in reliability and that was with about 250 in upgraded stronger parts. Im not seeing to much different with the new 3.3 other than the motor. I would stay away from the t-maxx but if you are interested in traxxas the revo seems to be a much better truck. I currently have a MGT and that is alot stronger truck than any of my maxx's were. Used to be I never wanted to get more than 7 ft air due to not wanting to buy new a-arms, bulk heads, etc. but now I hit the jumps as hard as I can cause its not a max. Though I am in it for 60% working on em and 30% running them and 10% talking about and looking at them for enjoyment so it was kinda good.... just not good to the wallet.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:00 PM
jvs8864

5.2 all the way!!!!! ive had mine for 2 months and havnt broken a part and i bash it.. you wont be disspaointed.. questions or if you want pics just lemme know
Old 04-06-2007, 05:15 PM
too slow

go for thee tnx i can't go 1 run without breaking my t-maxx [:@]
Old 04-06-2007, 06:09 PM
mordraid

I would go with the TNX for another reason. The engine in the maxx is a great engine. But remember it is still a small block. if you want to upgrade later, you'll find yourself with not alot of choices. The TNX is kinda similar to the maxx. But it got big block engine, pivot ball suspension.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:15 PM
-EXTRA-

Only thing i gotta say to you guy's is learn how to land on all 4 wheel's and nothing will break!!!!I guess im the only one who can do that cause mine hardly never break's.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:36 PM
jvs8864

i dunno bout the Tmaxx but the TNX has an aluminum spur gear...what more could you ask for?? it also has a built in fail safe thats saved me alot of money
Old 04-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Alteramod

ORIGINAL: -EXTRA-

Only thing i gotta say to you guy's is learn how to land on all 4 wheel's and nothing will break!!!!I guess im the only one who can do that cause mine hardly never break's.
Only thing I have to say is to stop jumping to conclusions and read your signature. That signature doesnt go well with your claims. I do land on all 4 wheels most of the time. Its actually better to land on the rear wheels slightly before the front. Another thing. Half of my breaks didnt come from jumping. Simply from bumping into other vehicles..... or into some objects. They must have the crappiest bulk heads on them IMO. The maxx is simply past due and they need to put some different parts on them and then they would be good trucks again. T-maxx was good in their days but not so much any more. The guy down at the hobby shop owned one and says never again. Thats what he is mostly working on down there.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:38 PM
-EXTRA-

ORIGINAL: Alteramod

ORIGINAL: -EXTRA-

Only thing I have to say is to stop jumping to conclusions and read your signature. That signature doesnt go well with your claims. I do land on all 4 wheels most of the time. Its actually better to land on the rear wheels slightly before the front. Another thing. Half of my breaks didnt come from jumping. Simply from bumping into other vehicles..... or into some objects. They must have the crappiest bulk heads on them IMO. The maxx is simply past due and they need to put some different parts on them and then they would be good trucks again. T-maxx was good in their days but not so much any more. The guy down at the hobby shop owned one and says never again. Thats what he is mostly working on down there.
Why jump to the conclusion that my sig. was talking about my tmaxx?and if you run into other stuff that often dont you think that kinda tell's you something? no offence.but if you can destroy a truck as much as you guy's say mabey it aint the truck but the driver.i have nothing against noone on here,but iv listened to this since iv been on this form this is bettter then the tmaxx,revo,lst2,savage better then the tmaxx.what has the tmaxx done so terrible to yall for yall to hate it so much?mine's givin me plenty of fun and has been real good to me,i guess i just got the good one of the bunch but i dont see how anyone could flame the tmaxx as much as most of you guy's on here.Of course im talking to guy's that take them and throw them off 50 Foot cliff's and them expect it to not break anything,but like i said no offence to noone on here im sure everyone on here is an awesome driver just get's old hearing this day in and day out how the tmaxx is the worst MT money can buy when it's not.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Alteramod

Well I was saying that I do land on all 4 wheels and I do not abuse these vehicles in anyway shape or form. Other than a savage that was about to take a crap anyways. I have had 4 t-maxx's and only one of them did not give me a head ache. That t-maxx had rpm arms and a bunch of other stuff. I have driven a Savage, MGT, I think a aftershock, 4 maxx's, several buggies, and most of these I have owned. There are a bunch that I have driven that I have not mentioned and the maxxs were the worst to me. This is where I can say stay away from them. It is my opinion. You have yours and yes there are a bunch of people who like them.

Have you ever had the opportunity to drive other monster trucks? I dont mean for a tank or two but a gallon or two? If not then once you do then your next choice pry wouldnt be another tmaxx. My opinion is that they are not very stable trucks that have some major weak points on them. The biggest one I can think of is the bulk heads and those are a moderate PITA to change.

The maxxs are a getting a bit old and there are what most people .... pry 80 percent will agree with me on this.... will say there are better bang for the bucks. One of which would be a revo made by the same company. MGT, SAVAGE, LST2, TNX, GST, and quite a few others IMO would offer you more reliability for the money that you are spending on these vehicles....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.