Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Warhead EVO - Troubleshooting...!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Warhead EVO - Troubleshooting...!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Dirty-Martinis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warhead EVO - Troubleshooting...!

Okay, I can admit that I am a noob to the whole Monster truck series, and this is probably the biggest noob issue yet..!

I have these problems:

1. My warhead evo starts up fine, but seems to run too hot, over 280 farenheit, and I am not sure what to do. Any Suggestions?

2. Secondly, the engine runs, but the forward/reverse movement isnt happening, the spur spins, and the clutch bell spins, but is the spur gear supposed to spin freely? when making contact with clutch bell?

Well there it is....fire away.....

PLEASE NO NEGATIVE SPAMMING....
Old 05-02-2007, 04:54 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Warhead EVO - Troubleshooting...!

Welcome to the fourms!

Ok #1 u need to richin up ur hs(high speed) needel, it is the on the is stright up and and down on the carb.

#2 Does it run, foward? or does it rev up and not move? if so u need to tighten the nut coming off the spur. Yes it is suposed to move freely wen the engine is ideling, or off, but wen it revs up it should start moving.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Dirty-Martinis

Yes it moves when i pull the trigger, but i am not getting movement from the wheels.

Yes it Revs, and I hear the transmission doing its thing.

I will try that and get back to you, Thanks.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:49 PM
JFACKY

That's just it... you shouldn't hear noise comming from the trans. (clicking or grinding) you may hear gears running together. (low pitched humm or wine.) If u hear clicking check to make sure the servo is holding the shift shaft in gear. the WH is notorious for slipping trans do to miss adjusted servo rods. . also... check out the thread Anyone Own a Warhead? It's a large (350 pgs.)one and lots of helpfull info, and good people there to hepl if you get stuck. also... seal the superpooper again notorious for airleaks....
Old 05-03-2007, 12:33 PM
jamadon30

Not sure about the evo's tranny, but sounds like your forw/reverse is not engaging properly. check ya batteries first then if they are fine chance ya manual.