Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Kyosho Baja Beetle

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 03:07 PM
spiridion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Baja Beetle

Ok my first post and this will be my first buy.

Looking to get into Nitro. Want to build my own car.
Tower has the Kyosho Beetle .15
for 179.99 and the $15 off til the end of Feb.

I'm not looking to race or anything fancy. Just want to start out building and tweaking. I like the idea of the QRC for reverse and only two servos. I also like the 4wd.

So are there any reasons I should not purchase this car?
Are there any other cars at this price with the same features in this price range?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Old 08-16-2003, 07:59 PM
RcNiTrO RaCeR

I have one of thoe and they are the best!
they run very good and they are also very poewrfull
but i don't like the reverse so i tied it off so my truck only runs in foward other than that i love it!
Old 08-17-2003, 03:42 AM
normanski

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi spiridion,

After away from RC for over 10years, I bought the Dodge Ram a few months ago. I wanted the Baja Beetle but the Dodge was all they had then. I had tons of fun & late nights(or early mornings?) putting the Truck together. Running it is also great fun. It is not really a monster truck with limited suspension travel, and I have problems finding a place to accommodate a pipe. Also, pipe & bearings do NOT come stock.

I would recommend the CEN Racing MT or MT2 though. Very high level equipment with bearings & Pipe come stocked. Beautifully put together with & feel a lot more solid compares to the Kyosho. However, it does not come with neither QRC, nor Electric Starter & is RTR.

The Electric Starter is real good for beginner to have if you don't mind having to buy the 6 cells & charger (both Sold seperately!).

Have a look at the CEN MT2, too. You will not be sorry!

Normanski
Old 08-18-2003, 08:35 AM
it_thing_stuff

hey spiridion if ur looking into that kind of area, be careful with the QRC. i have had experience with it and it can be a bit gnashy when shifting, and it cant be good for the gears. also, if you accidentally jam it into reverse while going at WOT, then, well...
Old 08-19-2003, 12:07 PM
Tranworld

Default Get a Baja Beetle

I have one for more than 4 years and had great fun with it, the QRC is unbelievably reliable despite the ghastly way it engage reverse....Yes I engage reverse while going WOT and no it did not break, in fact that is the only way to brake....engage reverse but beleive me it can stand up to the worse abuse even after I upgraded it to an .18 engine.

Go and get one you won't regret it.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:24 AM
it_thing_stuff

whoa... engaging reverse at WOT with a .18 engine? jeez. how many times have you taken a look inside the gearbox itself? i think im gonna buy one of those!!
Old 08-23-2003, 12:51 PM
Tranworld

Default QRC

Originally posted by it_thing_stuff
whoa... engaging reverse at WOT with a .18 engine? jeez. how many times have you taken a look inside the gearbox itself? i think im gonna buy one of those!!
Not very often, the gearbox, as I said, is amazingly tough. The driveline however is suffering, I have broken countless driveshaft.

There is no brake on these car, you simply engage reverse, as long as you don't reverse in full it will stop, but if you do engage reverse it full it may flip forward. Quite fun, I can take a photo and post ir for you to see.
Old 08-23-2003, 01:30 PM
Tranworld

Default Some photos

Like I said, it is 4 years old, has an .18 and is going strong with little looking after.