Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Engine modding

Old 05-03-2007, 08:20 PM
maddstylz062778

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine modding

Is engine mods really worth it or would I be better off buying a new top notch engine,like a nova,rb, or OS. Have a Thunder tiger abc pro .28 in a havoc seems My low end just isn't enough. I've read into tntmods and massivemods but massive is on the other side of the world. Is there any other reputible engine modders, State side? Thanks
Old 05-03-2007, 09:20 PM
steven16

Default RE: Engine modding

ya engine modding is worth it because its free! but if you cant afford the chance of scraping your motor than dont try it but i can tell you its worth it there was a good thred on this so ill try to find it for you
Old 05-05-2007, 08:44 AM
maddstylz062778

Yeah steven that would be awesome if you found that post. I really just don't see the point in buying the top end motors when you can get the same performance out of the one you have.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:34 AM
ttoks

a few tips on engine modding, NEVER ever try to mess with the port timing with hand tools you need very accurate computer controlled stuff to do that without stuffing it up, you can polish just about every surface inside the engine safely but the inside of the piston sleeve, and rounding off the bottom of the piston and piston sleeve with a hand file and very find grit sand paper, then polish, just make sure you dont touch the inside of the sleeve..

last thing, never do it on an engine you cant afford to loose, because you could still stuff up and accidentally scrape the file down the inside of the sleeve, if you do that, lean it out as much as you can and give the poor thing hell for the rest of it's short life.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:56 AM
steven16

ok i found the post except dont know how to link it here but its on the nitro engine fourm and if you look through a few pages youll find engine porting and theres a link on that page that goes to a nother page with a picture out af a magizine with exactually what what you need to do and they were also talking about timing on that fourm its a good one to read through!
Old 05-05-2007, 11:01 AM
nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: maddstylz062778

Is engine mods really worth it or would I be better off buying a new top notch engine,like a nova,rb, or OS. Have a Thunder tiger abc pro .28 in a havoc seems My low end just isn't enough. I've read into tntmods and massivemods but massive is on the other side of the world. Is there any other reputible engine modders, State side? Thanks
.........................Try RB Mods he does good work!!
Link http://www.rbmods.net
Old 05-05-2007, 01:15 PM
LSTVega28

Try abmods.com...hear good things about them.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Evader ---> MGT

These guys have been around for a while, so they must be ok.

http://www.dadders.net/enginemod.htm
Old 05-05-2007, 10:37 PM
maddstylz062778

Hey thanks all! TToks I don't think I'm brave enough to play work on that small engine myself. LOL I have a bad enough time playing with my real cars and trucks. And yeah if I mess them Up I go blow them up and start over. Was thinking of leeting a tech do it. I've read on dadders and they sound good I didn't know rb modded engines I'll have to check into that. I'll find that page though and read up on the forum post. Thanks again