26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Wich racing tires ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 03:51 PM
mordraid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wich racing tires ?

Ok guys, i'm having a hard time deciding which racing tire i'll be using this year. I need your help and comments on the tires you think will be the best.

Here are my choices. Don't rely on the foam insert. I already have molded foam. Base your choice only on tires.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Nathan9492

Default RE: Wich racing tires ?

the Proline Bow-ties, but this all depends on what kind of track surface ur running on
Old 05-08-2007, 09:08 PM
mordraid

It is mostly a hard and dry dirt track. We dont have a water system near so the track is often dusty and hard packed.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Bria1

I'd go with crimefighters.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:31 PM
RCtruckRacer

How thick is the dust? And how big is the track? Can you change your gearing? Does the track get water? These are important questions. If you have sections with blue groove and light dust elsewhere, you'd be better off with switches or similar. But if you run on a really big track, that's not too technical, you would want taller gears to compensate for the smaller diameter tire. For a large loamy track you might want Panther Pythons. Boa's work great for tight technical semi-loose tracks... But for something very wet you want lugs as far apart as possible so as to not pick up and hold mud. Mud filled tires makes whatever tread you are sporting absolutely useless. What track do you run at? Is there a web site? Or can you describe the track in more detail?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:50 AM
mordraid

I don't have a picture but i got a little video of a frind of minde driving at the track . This is the most dustiest the track have ever been. Like 10 days without rain. We do not have a water syster to water the track

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjbLVWnSRh0]RC track[/link]
Old 05-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Beasley1

Man, that is a dusty track. I bet when you get a couple trucks out there you cant even see where to go.

I run the bow ties but for all that you might want something with a little more bite.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:50 PM
RCtruckRacer

Hmmm. I'd be much more worried about my air filters than tires on that track! [X(]

Bow ties, maybe crimefighters. You want something with as much forward bite as possible on a track like that.

What would happen if someone went out there with a big broom or a blower? Is the dust super thick or is there a hard pack underneath somewhere? If possible, I would be trying to get rid of as much of that dust as possible. I just don't see how an air filter could last very long out there without becoming clogged. That was NASTY! Imagine 10 trucks on that track at the same time!!![X(][:'(][:'(] God forbid anyone should have an air filter pop off out there. They'd be minus one engine!

If you can get rid of the dust and end up with hard pack, I'd recommend switches.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:53 PM
mordraid

The track isn't always dusty like that. Don't worry. Underneath is it pretty well packed. And yeah it is hard on air filter. You gotta clean it each time you go to the track. But hey... it's free and almost a private track.