Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN GST 7.7

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:14 PM
ttoks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN GST 7.7

now i see two problems with this video (the first one that is) first of all the revo is way out of tune, it isn't even hitting second gear, then we get to the big problem, that is a revo 2.5, go to exactly 00.49 in the video, 2.5 body, they don't fit on a 3.3 chassis and to top that off, a grey cooling head, umm i'm sorry but the 3.3s cooling head is blue, that is a 2.5 engine.

if your gonna come on here posting videos trying to prove us all wrong or prove one truck is better then the other, will you please at least use the right truck, a .15 isn't going to beat and engine over 3 times it's size, even if the CEN is twice as heavy.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Snaut Rocket

according to traxxas shouldnt the revo 2.5 still be able to hit 40. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Old 06-25-2007, 09:26 PM
ttoks

as you can tell by the engine topping out at a rather low tone, and the abundance of exhaust smoke (yes it's actually visable in the video, with such low quality video you shouldn't be able to see the smoke), the 2.5 is in a bad tune, running very rich, even in a perfect tune the 2.5 will not beat the CEN, and him claiming it is a 3.3 just shows that he is trying to make the CEN out as the fastest (read his comments on the video)

i'm not bagging the GST, going out and trying to faulsely claim one truck is another to fortify the CENs performance is unacceptable however.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:33 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just knew I would get some whiners "aw Thats not not even a tuned truck!" "thats not a revo!!" As I said "What Ever it is somuch slower!!! Read Monkey Read!! Wanna take me up on my challenge??? Your reply was weak!! I dont care what truck it is it SLOWER and SMALLER, the only thing I proved was there are defintely peopl who have their own opinions. Right?? Well, I think My Nemesis is faster than anything you have and you think whatever little truck you have is better, well thats ok. thats what makes us happy with our trucks. The whole point is those who have never owned or run with whatever they are talking trash about are silly, and are just trying to make themselves look good with their infinite knowledge of all vehicles. I say shut up unless you've been there. Now, having said that, I realize its easy to say "Yeah, i 've run with a so-and-so truck and It could not keep up, or it just kept breaking. But if you guys really understand this hobby you would realize it does not matter whats better or faster or even heavier, what matters is "are you happy with it?" if not then sell it and get a different one. and if you are not happy with it that does NOT mean the next wont be happy with it!! Besides, if you were to sell it do you think it would be a good Idea to spout off at the mouth about how bad it is??? I think that would make it more difficult to sell it right?? My point is you guys that trash talk are not helping somebody make a decsion you are hurting your credibility everytime you say "I heard" that truck break alot or "A Guy Told Me" that truck is hard to keep tuned, or better yet "I read" That Parts are hard to find. Reality States that you Dont Really Know Until You've Owned It!!!! SO as the wiseman once said "Opinions are like butts-We all have one and they all stink!!" SO Lets be more vigilant and tell facts not opinions!!

Got your attention didn't I

EDIT ADDED:Show me where I even mentioned a 3.3 or anything like it, kid..re-read it I only mentioned maybe a revo or maybe a Maxx because I only saw the body and wheels for a split second.(Wholey Cow 1248 Posts In Just Over Three Months!! Wonder How much actuall content he/she has posted)
Old 06-26-2007, 12:03 AM
CrazyMento

why are peopel still comparing a 1/8 to a 1/10? on top of that, compare top speed. Come on.. they are so much difference between the two. LST and GST is a better a comparsion... anyways.... go buy a onroad car if you want speed
Old 06-26-2007, 12:09 AM
ttoks

read the comments on the video, and if your willing to fly to Australia i'll show you what a real 3.3 with a proper tune can do not this 2.5 your pitting the GST against, or if you wanna get smart you can pit it against the RB i'm running, it's half the displacement of your Nemises for a truck thats half as heavy, but my brothers (formally my) 3.3 will do the job nicely.

now thats out of the way, an opinion is fair but being deceitful isn't, you speak of not claiming things about a truck you have never used before, but just judging from what you have said you don't seem to have any knowledge at all of the traxxas, or anything other vehicles at all, and thus are being biased towards the GST just as you say everyone is about everything else, thats what i call a hypocrite, but then you post a video of a .15 engine small block truck pitted against a .46 big block trying to prove the .46 is the fastest there is out there, the least you could of done is find a video of a fair match, or better yet find someone near you of a truck that is a fair match and get a fair video of that.

P.S use sentences, makes it a lot easier to read.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:30 AM
The Real Dogman

hey tokks did you even watch the second video...its an lst2 and I did say it was a closer matchup!! you are just like all other whiners who dont read everything, you just skimmed over it and read into it what you chose but I'm not going to get into a battle witts with an unarmed person!!! So, go whine to someone else and let the big people talk ok...my post sill stands as written, read it again and see the first video was just for fun but the second was more of a comparison. I challenged you, go find one of your neighbors with a GST and see what they have for ya, k?

this is good for my sole,,get all the little demons out!!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:45 AM
ttoks

yes i watched the second video, it isn't even worth mentioning however as you are running in grass, and seems fair enough of a match up, thats why i didn't, you are making up excuses now.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Codeblack

can these get any slower, any fatter and and uglier? cant understand why would anyone want one...
Old 06-26-2007, 12:51 AM
The Real Dogman

Your such a baby,, Completely ignored the more valid comparison to Cry about the fun video. Only posts what suites your whining needs, you just proved my point...well enjoy yourself....

EDIT ADDED:
ORIGINAL: Codeblack

can these get any slower, any fatter and and uglier? cant understand why would anyone want one...
Who's that codeblack your momma?? Just kidding!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:57 AM
The Real Dogman

Be ready haters CEN is getting big!!!! They can run and win Races and Bashes!!

EDIT ADDED: its gonna get uncomfortable for ya!!! I just hope the rest of you dont whine as much!!!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:13 AM
ttoks

the revo can both race and bash as well, and so can the savage (cabbie over on savage central has proven that) and the LST2, and the MGT, actually i'm fairly sure that they can all race, and with a driver of sufficient skill win as well, and they all can certainly bash.

where'd you get that i am a CEN hater (you are talking to me after all), i'm calling you out, not the GST.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:49 AM
Codeblack

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

EDIT ADDED:
ORIGINAL: Codeblack

Who's that codeblack your momma?? Just kidding!!!
I was talking from a technical point of view
Old 06-26-2007, 01:52 AM
Codeblack

well, I am outa here, have a fun life
Old 06-26-2007, 07:48 AM
[email protected]

I just want to point out that tuning is part of racing, If I can get more out of my truck then you is what I'm going for. My mgt beat the crap out of a 3.3 t-maxx and I don't think he was getting a good tune but that is part of racing and I won that's all that matters.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:30 PM
dStruct714

Um, I'm not sure where you got your information, but I just bought a gallon of Werks Racing 30% nitro for $24.99 + tax. And I'm in California here. [8D]
Old 06-26-2007, 04:39 PM
sm1nts2escape

Well I do like the cen nemesis alot but My revo kills it with a picco .26max.I run my revo with my uncles nemesis and his truck is faster than a stock 3.3 in the grass because all the torque the engine has but my picco revo is alot faster than his nemesis.I havenot seen his nemesis on the street but I would guess it would still be alittle faster or tie with a stock revo 3.3.Anyways the nemsis is a real nice truck and can take some avg size jumps but I wouldn't call it a hardcore basher like the revo or the other smaller mts.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:53 PM
CrazyMento

ORIGINAL: sm1nts2escape

Well I do like the cen nemesis alot but My revo kills it with a picco .26max.I run my revo with my uncles nemesis and his truck is faster than a stock 3.3 in the grass because all the torque the engine has but my picco revo is alot faster than his nemesis.I havenot seen his nemesis on the street but I would guess it would still be alittle faster or tie with a stock revo 3.3.Anyways the nemsis is a real nice truck and can take some avg size jumps but I wouldn't call it a hardcore basher like the revo or the other smaller mts.

Keyword .... Picco .26max...
Old 06-27-2007, 11:14 PM
The Real Dogman

Power to wieght ratio is Criticle to what vehicle it is in!!! Crazy is right a picco in a lighter truck will be faster, kinda like putting a top fuel dragster engine in a pinto and calling the pinto fast!!! It's actually the engine and vehicle combo that is fast!! So if I put a 4 cylinder in a funny car is it fast?? you get my point... so the CEN GST 7.7 is a very fast 16lb truck!!! in fact the fastest 16lb truck produced. Now Take that same platform and engine and start removing wieght and what will you end up with? An even faster 13lb truck or a scarry fast 10lb truck, so yeah comparing a revo to a CEN GST is kinda like comparing a Ferrari to a GTO. Fun to watch but not a true comparison. I get so much fun out showing videos comparing the GST to these kind of trucks and watching people get so worked up about it not being a fair comparison and whining about the ill tuned revo or t-maxx or whatever the comparison is showing the supposed faster truck to be slower and not even considering the power to wieght ratio. Its funny to watch them squirm and whine!!

The power to wieght ratio is the real winner!!! 5HP:16lbs!!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:07 AM
ttoks

nothing against the challenged people out there, but the 7.7 engine isn't 5 horsepower, it was dynoed at 1.7, with a carbie the same size as many .12 engines (yes the 7.7's carb is only 6.5 mm) it is impossible for it to get 5 horsepower, you would be better off buying a novarossi 528, get it modded and put it in your CEN (an EB modded nova was rated at 2.02 hp on the same dyno that the 7.7 was tested on).
Old 06-28-2007, 12:25 AM
The Real Dogman

Here we go!! OK, first.. who's dyno, all dyno's measure differently even same dyno models made by the same dyno manufacturer are measured differently, just the nature of the beast... Second show me your data!!! who did your testing?? I just love this!!! General Motors Dynomometers (SP) wont measure the same HP as say Holden's, that's why there is the term advertised horse power. ahh you know what, show us your data sheets with the testers contact info, then you can credibly talk to us about any manufacturers HP output!! Geeze post counts, right??

Doesn't look like 6.5mm does it?? Oh wait gonna whine about an out of focus pic, or that its upside down?? here I can fix the second
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76581.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	712693   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk32091.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	712694  
Old 06-28-2007, 01:48 AM
ttoks

oh sorry 7.45 mm, i was reading the advertised carbie size, it's the same as many .15-21 engines, lemmie look for the data sheet, it's somewhere, just gotta find it, was done by a magazine, not 100% which one though.

also as i was saying, your better off use the nova, they were both done on the same dyno, so giving a good comparison from engine to engine, and the nova .28 out powered the the 7.7.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:24 AM
The Real Dogman

Original: ttoks

oh sorry 7.45 mm, i was reading the advertised carbie size,
That just proves you can't always believe what you read!!!! I question everything I read Especially magazines They have a specialized adgenda.. If are basing everything you have said about CEN or any other product you have commented on, from what you've read, then it naturally needs to questioned.

ttoks what do you do for a living? Just curious who I'm dealing with. Give you a chance to qualify how you seem to know it all.
I will start, I'm a Project Manager at a multi-million dollar millworks firm. So research, assembling facts, reporting facts and creating assembly instructions based on those facts, is my business. Now your turn...

EDIT ADDED: BTW, I find it curious that out of the whole post you picked the part about 5hp to pick on.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:49 AM
ttoks

i am a student in high school (middle school you might call it there) i like maths and talking with my friends, but to be honest, it is irrelevant to me what you do for a living, as your employment does not dictate your knowledge of remote control vehicles (in this case), or intelligence, but simply the sort of work you enjoy doing, in regards to how i know gained my knowledge (note here that i am not claiming to know everything about remote control vehicles as say i am claiming) is it hard for one to believe that someone (in this case myself) may simply like said subject enough to research it, experiment with it, and learn about it? if i see you judging my knowledge simply from my age i will not be very happy.

what has been said about CEN vehicles has been irrelevant to this dispute, i have nothing against them, you seem to think you can trust advertised ratings (in case you didn't notes the sarcasm in my comment above), and even though you are now saying you cant trust them, it is quite easy to tell that are you changing you persona to suit your current argument.

-edit- P.S in reply to this post, send it via the PM system as this dispute is now off topic from the original topic, and will result in this thread getting lock thus being unfair to the author.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:37 AM
The Real Dogman

ORIGINAL: ttoks

if i see you judging my knowledge simply from my age i will not be very happy.
Well heaven forbid!! We wouldn't want to do that!!!

I will post where I see fit...Thats called freedom of speech.. So your lame attempt to villanize me forgives your role in that, I do take responsibility for my actions and "I do appologize to the original author" for this off topic banter, but since you insisted on replying as well as I, then you also, have a major role in this off topic offense. What my profession has to do with this is the fact that "we" both seem to be offering "facts" as a result of research. Well, my profession is reporting facts that are accurate, so it would imply I am trained at accurate reporting...I would like to see the article you got your "facts" from so I can see who reported those facts and attempt to verify them. I would like to see if my research holds water. And if it does not then report more accurately.. so if you can find it, then pass it along so we all can see how accurate it is,, you think you can do that for us all..

But this has gone beyond what you have said about CEN products. This now is about accurate reporting and perpetuating misinformation. Facts by definition are accurate, so if it is not an accurate fact then it is misinformation!!

I will say you do have a passion for radio control and one can only hope you could do something fruitful with it. Our disscussion goes beyond radio control. Your training must go on, so you have the full advatages in life. I can only offer you this... you 2 have ears and 1 mouth, god planned it that way so you can listen twice as much as you speak..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.