Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Theres got to be somthing wrong...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Theres got to be somthing wrong...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 08:49 PM
ProRCRacer88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Theres got to be somthing wrong...

Why is it that there are always alot of used traxxas trucks for sale on here, ebay, hobbyshops, or anywhere else??? What is the main problem(s) that everyone after spending $100s on it turns around and sell them?
Old 07-21-2007, 09:19 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Default RE: Theres got to be somthing wrong...

You can't handle the truth!!!!!

Srsly they are not durable in my experience
Old 07-21-2007, 09:41 PM
nothinbetr2do

not really sure, i have 2 a revo and a jato. both 3.3 and i love them both for different reasons. i would never sell, them darn crack heads
Old 07-21-2007, 10:10 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

I would say it's probably because they are purchased more than any other truck (due to better marketing than the competition) and therefore there's more to sell. I'm not selling my Revo... I have no reason to... I think people *THINK* the grass is greener on the other side...
Old 07-21-2007, 10:15 PM
ProRCRacer88

from what i seen it seems that if you want to run the tmaxx and revo hard, u need to upgrade some or all of the transmission and get some rpm arms. or mayb im wrong?
Old 07-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Vigilante212

Yea I see them break alot, but then again most rc cars break. Some people just cant handle the repairs. *shrug*
Old 07-21-2007, 10:28 PM
RayRayraycer20

The Revo is the absolute most dependable truck I have owned....Hands down.
Most durable too!!!
I think it's nick name should be "TONKA"
Old 07-22-2007, 12:41 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

from what i seen it seems that if you want to run the tmaxx and revo hard, u need to upgrade some or all of the transmission and get some rpm arms. or mayb im wrong?
Nah... I run my Revo hard... it's pretty much stock... the forward gears in the Revo are tough... the reverse gear is a weak link... but a $12 FOC is all it's taken for me to enjoy a TM323-powered Revo for a while.... a-arms break on every truck... especially when you run 'em into trees. I've broken other MISC parts on my Revo.. but not enough to warrant losing half my money on it.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:29 AM
04DarkShadowGT

Probably because the same people always bash traxxas on forums making people think they are junk cars. Imo traxxas makes some of the best value entry level cars on the market. But you have to understand their limitations and what they are designed for. Racers hate traxxas and think they are junk, when they are not. They are just designed for a different part of the market.

I have had several traxxas vehicles including my current E-maxx and a VXL stampede on order. I think I may have gotten the only tough e-maxx from what some would have you believe. I have only twisted 1 axle and broken 1 bulkhead. I bought a complete 3.3 drivetrain upgrade on ebay for $30 which included axles, arms, knuckles, and turnbuckles and no matter what powerplant you use it will be bulletproof.

But I also agree with others above, they do sell more cars so there are going to be people selling more of them. I would also think that people are much more likely to sell a RTR quicker than a kit they have built themselves. If you build it you have something other than $$ tied up into it.

I think some people start out in nitro and get discouraged because there is alot of maintenance to get them working right, especially on the traxxas 3.3 product which seem to be hard to tune.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:50 AM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont have any experience with traxxas, but these people that complain about breakage......do they break under 'normal' usage, landing on all four wheels? or do they break crashing or hitting an unmovable object at full speed? what i am trying to get at is, my MGT has broken quite a few stock(mostly lower a arms) parts. however, i really do beat the crap out of it and think the truck is SUPER tuff. cuz from what i see in the videos, if you land on all four wheels, the revo's and maxx's keep on rollling. i would think any plastic part on any truck is going to break at some point in time
Old 07-22-2007, 12:32 PM
ProRCRacer88

Hilifemt, maybe you break arms alot from bad landings because i never really seen people breaking this truck much at all, most havent even had to upgrade to rpm arms.

ShadowGT, im not a racer but i still prefere kits over most rtr's, and i been looking at the revo's for a long time and would like to get one, but i prefere bigblocks in offroads, so all the money that would be invested in getting it like i want it would be equal to buyin a kit and everything for it. Not sure right now.

But the only way i will buy another rc is to get rid of one of the ones i have now, and since there is nowhere to drive the serpent i have other than racing it.. then i dont see a need for it.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:43 AM
SaVaGe MaN SS

not durable at all[:@]
Old 07-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Dil

they make good trucks,, excellent designs and up to date technology!!!

but the down side is the traxxas engines,, and i ant a noob or something who had bad luck tuning the motor,, i just know thoose motors ant made good as they can be!!
Old 07-30-2007, 04:32 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Yeah tell that to 3 friends of mine who are about to quit the hobby because their Traxxas crap breaks almost every single time we bash.
The Losis and HPI Savages rarely break.

Ever wonder WHY there are so many "upgrade type after market parts" for teh Revo and TMaxx?
Its why I will NEVER own anything Traxxas. Its teh only brand I will never buy, no matter what.
Planned breakages are BS
Old 07-30-2007, 09:06 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know I was at a hobby swap meet one year, and there were Losi LSTs sitting everywhere used for sale. I started asking owners out of curiosity why they were selling them, they said they could not keep their motors tuned or running in these trucks. I said did you own other rc trucks etc, yeah i have a tmaxx 2.5 or a revo blah, blah , blah etc and have no problems keeping them running.

My point is, I could keep the big block monsters running without issues, but i had a difficult time with traxxas 2.5 motors. The one 2.5, I fired up for its first time, checked and set the needles to spec, it spiked over 300 degrees and tossed its cookies, now that was a legit warranty issue. I broke in a 2.5r, did all the afterrun care cleaned the air filter, regular, highest temp I hit was 270 degrees, it tossed its lunch. I own over 20 rc vehicles from .12's to .28s and everything in between, and only ever blew up these 2 motors.

Bottom line is what works for some might not work good for others.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:49 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

I think t-maxxes are the most purchased nitro mt's for beginners then when they break everything they spend hundreds then realise the motor sucks and they realise there's better stuff out there and there money wasnt well spent so they sell it.