Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Servo installation problem :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 04:50 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo installation problem :(

Well guys My Hitec Digital servo came in the mail today )
That thing is soo damn powerful.. The manual said " With the servo horn hooked up, try to stop it, and dont hurt yourself!" lol

And its true! I couldnt stop it!

And its a lot quieter than the other coreless servo I have too!

At least I got my 80 bucks worth! lol

ANYWAY..

I cant seem to find the right screw to install it nor can I find a screw small enough to use on my servo horn.

This thing stripped the grooves on my plastic servo horn like it didnt have any. The car was on carpet and when I turned it a few times, the servo was just too powerful/fast for it to handle and it died.

Now the servo came with a high quality anodized aluminum arm that fits the servo like a glove, and I REALLY want to use that!

But the holes on it are soo small!! What kinda screw am I supposed to fit through there?

The turnbuckle has one of those ball joints, so I can get away with a hard clamping connection to the servo arm.

For the servo arm, I'm looking for a thin screw with a slightly large head with a check-nut to hold it in place.

Also, I'm not able to find any screws for the servo mounts.

I need to somehow secure it and either the screws are soo big they wont fit through the little collet they give ya or its too thin to actually screw into the plastic thing that holds it in place on the other side. Does that make sense?!

Any comments/suggestions?!