Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

well stripped the t-maxx 2.5 rear end!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

well stripped the t-maxx 2.5 rear end!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 06:55 AM
aip_tuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well stripped the t-maxx 2.5 rear end!!

well Got my rpm a-arms and associated schocks on today, Took the truck out to see how the suspension was going to handle and wooooooooow big difference the shocks are a lot softer (with 30w) rebound is not what i like to see but i sill like it it dropped the center about an inch so there is verry little role in turning now, the truck handles 10 times better than befor anyway to the bad news:

I guess some how i tweeked the bulkheads when putting the truck back together and managed to pull the diff apart enough to let greese leak and couse the gears to strip out, they are not completle stripped but it does make a bad grinding noise, so now i have the truck back down and ready for some new gears, I dont have the diff apart and assume that the gears in it are plastic so I am planing on upgrading to aluminum.

Question for you all is should i get aluminum diff housing as will or will the plastic housing be strong enough to hold up again?
Old 04-19-2003, 12:36 AM
JCJR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well stripped the t-maxx 2.5 rear end!!

This is what sucks about RTR. There are no manuals that explains these kind of problems. I built a HPI nitro car from a kit and the instructions have everything that I needed to know. To this day I go back and check the manual to find out how long the turnbuckles need to be to set it up back to factory specs. Traxxas should include this or make it available on their site. I had a transmission problem and took the transmission apart, using the exploded parts list. It took me over two hours to put that thing back together because you can't tell which washer should go where. Also did not know if I should oil or grease the one-way bearing and what kind of grease on the moving parts.