RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Man i fell guilty!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 06:08 AM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man i fell guilty!!

Ok.....i just found this site the other day , and i'm postin' my first message here on this board. I hope this doesn't make me sound like a theif.........but i feel kind of bad about what i did today.

I went into a local hobbyshop a in town today and had to pick up a few things. I ended up talking to a guy about "after market" parts for my T-MAXX. He went on to say that 90% of the after market stuff you can buy is junk!! I asked him to explain , and he said , that allot of the parts are made out of (hope i get these numbers right).......out of 6061 billet aluminum , and that they are actually soft enough to almost bend with your hands , and one good hard hit , and it'll bind the suspension , and you gotta buy the damn parts over again.

I was thinking.."what a waste of money!!".........but i still wanted to beef up my T-MAXX , and he told me there was a company called "unlimited Engineering' that actually makes all the parts out of 7075
Old 03-26-2003, 06:22 AM
fpayer
My Feedback: (22)

Default Guilty

I just dont get it
Old 03-26-2003, 06:36 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

thats what you call.."WHAT A STEAL"! man just dont show up there and if you see one of them tell them u didnt get any and u still have the 100 bucks deposit to their store..its just your lucky day
Old 03-26-2003, 12:13 PM
Alteramod

Oh boy, what a mess coughf keep it coughf. What a cold I have.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:20 PM
JeDi_MaStEr

Jeffro503...GUILTY!?!?! ARE YOU INSANE MAN!!! RUN LIKE THE WIND!!!
All kidding aside, tough choice..if you never plan on going back..well no brainer KEEP IT, if you still feel bad, send me the parts, I dont mind feeling guilty!!! You lucky lucky man!!
Old 03-26-2003, 01:26 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I'd show up in 2 weeks and pay the balance as promised. If some kid turned his/her back on their new M8 radio and turbo 35 charger, would it be OK to take it? Of course not. The shop owner is a person just like you. How would you like someone yanking $350 out of your wallet because your wife/sister/girlfried left it on the counter?

You were willing to pay $450 for the stuff, so do it. You will have a better relationship with that shop (and that can reap you greater rewards that stealing, yes stealing) $350 from them.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:16 PM
CHassan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah I would return to pay what you promised at least.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:38 PM
FairlyNew

I was talking to the guy at my local hobby store and he was telling me how the internet mail order places have really cut into his profits. He just doenst have the buying power to get the good deals from companies that the internet places do. But he still has to sell at a comparable price. I think it would be better to pay the remaining balance and make sure you keep a hobby store open in your area. If it is a small store every penny might count to it. It sure beats having to wait a week on a mail order part when you want to play if the store closes.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:12 PM
Wookie
My Feedback: (5)

I would return and pay the balance as promised, but that's just me.

Just think of the Karmic consequences. Here is a scenario where life could pay you back. On your first day with your newly upgraded Maxx the throttle gets stuck WOT. You watch in horror as your Maxx goes flying across the field into a street where a semi smashes it to pieces.

Now I'm not necessarily a believer in Karma and it's consequences but I wouldn't be willing to take a chance like that. Again, just me.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:35 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

As a college student.. I cant imagine buying...nevermind I already have it just hasnt hit me yet..lol

Yeah I would go back man. thats a lot of money for him to loose. If this were a huge store then I'd think twice because they didnt bother to check and see what theyre doing but this sound like a more personal store where this guy took the time to help you.
I'm sure he wouldnt mind more of a discount just for you going back! hehe
I would suggest that you go back. You wont regret it in the long run. But make sure you approach em and say "Thanks for giving it to me for so cheap a price!"

Anyway.. Welcome to RCU!! Were like an R/C family up here. I'm sure you'll enjoy this place!
-ram
Old 03-26-2003, 05:37 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

JEFFRO503....The mere fact that your feeling guilty about the "experience" isn't going to make you feel any better about "not paying" the rest of the $$$.

I think it's your conscience that is telling you what you should do. By asking others to take charge of your feelings and conscience is sort of like saying: Yea...I got really mad at this "hypothetical person" and decided to really mess him up.....so I did this....or that to him...his dog...his cat....his wife...and kids....and house....etc.....and then coming onto a forum like this and asking others what they thought about your actions....hoping to find someone who would finally agree with you....so you can soothe your conscience.

It's your call.....do what you think is the right thing..."FOR YOU". Others conscience may allow them to mess people up...or steal without a second thought.

Good Luck!
Old 03-26-2003, 06:23 PM
bigbadbowtie

If you only have one bad thought about not paying the rest then thats MORE than enough to go back and pay the guy.

Guilt is killer..... pay for the stuff andfeel good about yourself.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:07 PM
badboy2

pay the stuff and maybe arrange for payment increments if youre havin problems in paying the whole amount..and also u ill have a good relationship with your lhs coz theyre gonna know you now ..on my previous post i said its your lucky day i'd still consider that IMO
Old 03-26-2003, 07:15 PM
badboy2

Originally posted by badboy2
[ ..on my previous post i said its your lucky day i'd still consider that IMO [/B]
what an advice .. still wont let go of the devil inside ..hehehe
Old 03-26-2003, 07:20 PM
doechsle
My Feedback: (1)

Fealing guilty is a good sign that you honestly know what's right.I do not put a price on my own dignity,to me a man's word is all he really has,live your life honest and you will never worry what tomorrow will bring.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:45 PM
MeneR

if i were you i would go back and pay the rest. and maybe he will even go a little cheaper than full price for being nice enough to go back
Old 03-26-2003, 07:51 PM
hellbent

TSK TSK TSK WHAT A DELIMA YOU ARE FACING, to be a man or to run off into the night to begine your life of crime. yes they may never realize what happened and yes it was there mistake, BUT if you keep it without paying the balance due you are not better than a common thief. if it was me i would march right back into the store and returne the merchandise to them and explain what happened, you never know they may take it out of the persons pay who made the mistake, maybe he can or cannot afford to pay for that mistake but you were willing to pay the price to begine with so pay it and feel good that you did the right thing.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:52 PM
badboy2

mener is right maybe u can get a discounted price..
we have been giving you our opinion CAN WE ASK YOU ABOUT WHAT ARE YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT THIS AND ARE YOU THINKING OF RETURNING AND PAY THEM THE WHOLE THING
Old 03-26-2003, 07:53 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

i think we are all saying return to pay up because of the nature of the business. its prolly a same mom and pop shop. if this was BestBuy and you got a $500 tv for $100 most people wouldnt return and pay up, cause its a huge chain and your hurting a corporation.
plus you have to deal with the fact that you will run into the guys either at a bashing ground, race track, or even have to go back to the LHS.
i think if you planned on paying for them in the beginning, you have the cash to buy them now. there have been times where i dont gt charged for somethign or get too much change back and i return it.
this isnt on the $350 scale so honestly i dont know what i would do.
Seeing is how its a mom and pop shop and some place i would go back to if this never happened, i would prolly contact the owner(guy in charge) and let him know what happen. ya never know he might say screw it keep it, or he might become your new best friend for being honest.
if this is HobbyTown screw em keep the parts. they prolly wont notice anyway.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Buz^

Sound's like your getting some good advice from your fellow hobbyists. I would only add one thing, Don't say why but, Call ahead of time and make sure the owner of the store is there, Go to him with this, if you ( in good faith) approach the employee's with this matter, it may be treated with the same grain of salt that your original purchase was. I believe good karma should be rewarded, I also think the store owner need's to know whats going on in his store.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:56 PM
dragonslayer

Do the right thing, surley the satisfaction of it will be better than some free* stuff that your not going to enjoy as much as you would if you saved and paid for them anyway?????

If it where me dude, id take it back. Just be carefull you dont leave yourself in a situation where the shopkeeper will think you stole tham and are taking tham back through guilt. Ring up first and say something like " you will never guess what was in that bag!"

Do the honourable thing !
Old 03-26-2003, 10:26 PM
JeDi_MaStEr

I had to re-reply to your message, I guess after thinking it over I have to agree with what packfan88 said. Take it back, you may need that LHS one day in an emergency situation, and Mener is right, you might get an 'honesty' discount.
Old 03-26-2003, 11:49 PM
packfan88

is it a mom and pop type?
Old 03-27-2003, 12:08 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

If it was me I wouldnt go back. You really didnt do anything illegal. He sold you the stuff so its his fault. Thats just my opinion.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:18 AM
Outlw36
My Feedback: (1)

The owner of my LHS does business in a similar fashion. If there are more items I need than money on me at the time, I still leave the shop with all the items and pay him the balance later. Course I am one his best customers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.