Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

This Stuff Makes My Head Spin

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 03:23 AM
beaglegod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Stuff Makes My Head Spin

Ive had a few nitro vehicls over the past 2 years,e Savage LE, MGT 4.60 SE, Baja (gas) 5b. Im down to two electric an AE R18R, Tamaiya TLT 1, and a Duratrax Evader BX thats in direpair. Its realy depressing . Problem is I buy vehicles only to sell them off out of boredom because of A. no realy good places to run in my area,and B. no track or RC community I know of to hook up with to race or bash.

The Baja 5b was the most awsome RC Ive ever had but even that gets dull running on grasss at a baseball field. Thats why right now all I realy drive is my r18r.

But alas the itch to get something is on me again only this time the wife says" you better keep this one!"

Im realy not sure where Im going with this outside of asking what everybody else asks for. Suggestions and advice. Im thinking maybe smaller than 1/8 would be best . iI was looking at that Mini MGT even the E -savage but it seems like it may be realy slow.

I guess a good question would be to ask out of all the vehicles in your stable, wich one do you seem to drive the most? Im just curious, whether its on road or off, nitro or electric,large scale or mini. What do you seem to always come back to?
Old 10-19-2007, 05:43 AM
bud09

Default RE: This Stuff Makes My Head Spin

if ur runnin in a baseball feild go nitro and buy a ramp to throw down sumwhere. thats wat i do but on the street and then i lay the ramp on the small hill in front of my house for more air. anyways go nitro like i said and the choice is urs of wat nitro to get. i run a t-maxx 3.3. i here the savage is durable and if u want drop in the 3sp tranny. it sounds like u no wat ur doin.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:54 AM
ttoks

i run the following

losi 8ight T RTR (1/8th truggy)
revo with an RB TM523 engine, new wheels and tired ect ect
stock revo (between 1/10th and 1/8 monster truck)
losi muggy (kinda like a very very big truggy)
losi LST2 (1/8th monster truck)
kyosho inferno GT (1/8th on road)

of them i enjoy the 8ight T the most, i plan on buying a large scale soon, keep in mind i have a good off road place to drive though, maybe a 1/5th on road if you have plenty of street to play on, theres a few out there.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:39 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, the vehicle I find myself running the most is my lowly XL-5 Stampede. I also currently have a Mini Inferno 09, a Frog, a Mini LST2, and a Monster GT. The MGT is the most versatile in terms of terrain capabilities, but it's freakin' loud, and I get tired of getting the evil eye whenever I run it in public areas, plus I don't want to annoy the whiners to the point that they lobby for a blanket ban on all r/c in parks......the minis are both great fun, if I can find an off-road area smooth enough to run them with their limited ground clearance. They mostly get limited to gravel parking lots and baseball diamonds. The Frog, well that's old school, I just run it wherever I can, but it gets stuck a lot on rougher terrain. The Stampede is a nice balance though. It's durable, it's electric, so no noise for the complainers, it jumps well, it goes over pretty much anything you would expect from 2WD and more, it's pretty fast with a 17T and a gear change, and it gets good run time on decent packs. Only thing more I would want is 4WD. Seems like an E-Savage would be great...just my 2ΒΆ
Old 10-19-2007, 08:44 PM
beaglegod

i plan on buying a large scale soon, keep in mind i have a good off road place to drive though
You wont regret it, in fact you may never go back to nitro, with a billet muffler installed a 23cc engine just sounds so nice in comparison, that plus 45+ min per tank and with a good hump pack, your talkin 4= hours before you need a recharge.Plus the 5b just looks so wicked.[>:]
Old 10-19-2007, 08:48 PM
beaglegod

Seems like an E-Savage would be great...just my 2ΒΆ
I have had my eye on one, my only concern is being that Ive never owned an electric larger than a mini, I wonder if that wow factor will be there, good low end torque with a descent top end.
I read that stock it gets up to 26 mph wich for a wide open space seems a bit tame, I wonder if better quality batteries would boost it to say 30+.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:58 PM
megamaxx

i owned a hot bodies e-zilla,identical to the e-savage,upgraded the packs and for electric it was very fast/impressive,it down right hauled *****,ended up selling,i just like the whole nitro experience
Old 10-19-2007, 09:37 PM
ttoks

i've driven large scales before, i don't think i will get rid of them, cant throw em around like i do my 8ight T, each will have its place in my garage the smaller ones will be when i can be stuffed with the nior, and the large will go whenver i want to lol, the performance from the glow engines is to good for me to throw em away, since the baja ss has been relised i think i'll buy one of them, get a new spektrum receiver and a good throttle/brake servo and i'm good to go till i stuff up the stock engine and throw a reed ported 30.5 in there lol.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:24 PM
beaglegod

i don't think i will get rid of them, cant throw em around like i do my 8ight T,
Very true the size and weight make for a much more realistic driving experience which also means a more conservative aproach, basically gotta think ahead when goin fast.

Ah maybe Ill spring for a Savvy x 4.6 or an E Savy with realy good bat. packs so I dont drive neighbors crazy if I take to the streets.

Basically I feel like I used to feel when I used to actually buy music at a store Id go in thinking I knew what I wanted only to get so overloaded with choices Id sometimes walk out without anything.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:19 PM
geepfreek

if you dont mind me saying i was doing the same thing... i did ramps, skate parks, bmx tracks I finally tried completely differance and got into helicoptors and found out it was the challenge i was looking for. I went from 10 trucks to 3 and have 4 helis. i still run the trucks every few monthes til i'm board which ends up only being a tank or two. just a thought you can concider