RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Monster Truck under $400.00 ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 09:43 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Truck under $400.00 ?

yep it is very true that the faster you go the more energy thier is when you hit something. but because these trucks are made by two diffrent companies it would be hard to say which one would break more simply because thier speed differs to much to actually come out with decent results. and i highly doubt someone is going to buy these two trucks and ram them into brick walls at 30 mph to see which one is more durable. besides you would have to buy like 10 of each too come out with scientific results.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:06 PM
grampi

Originally posted by nitroman88
yep it is very true that the faster you go the more energy thier is when you hit something. but because these trucks are made by two diffrent companies it would be hard to say which one would break more simply because thier speed differs to much to actually come out with decent results. and i highly doubt someone is going to buy these two trucks and ram them into brick walls at 30 mph to see which one is more durable. besides you would have to buy like 10 of each too come out with scientific results.
I think that's what AIR-SAVAGE is doing, driving into brick walls that is.
Old 04-15-2003, 11:11 PM
AIR-SAVAGE

Originally posted by grampi
I appologize about that, I just can't stand it when people come in here and undeservedly bash certain vehicles. The T-Maxx and Savage are both great MT's, it's just that AIR-SAVAGE was trying to make the Savage sound like it's leaps and bounds better than the Maxx when it isn't. I was trying to point out that either would make a very good choice.

I NEVER said the savage was hands down, a better truck than the tmaxx because it isnt.I stated that I just prefer a savage.They are both good trucks with there own pros and cons. He asked for peoples opinion,and I gave MY opinion.And for that I am a basher???? That is what the forums are for. Some of you just cant take some one saying bad about a brand or type of truck.But that is what your going to get when a question like that is asked. How else you going to answer the question? I stated the problems I saw with my tmaxx and savage.
And they both have problems and dis-likes.If someone says That a certian truck is weak or junk,thats there opinion.But I dont want to be thrashed when I put my own 2 cents in....dang people
get a grip....
Old 04-16-2003, 12:42 AM
grampi

What do you call saying the T-Maxx breaks all the time, which it doesn't, and the Savage rarely ever breaks? Then you inflate the performance of the Savage by saying it will take a Maxx off the line if it's properly tuned. That statement is totally dead wrong. You have been doing nothing but bashing the T-Maxx, and praising the Savage. I don't have a problem with people giving their opinions, but to give an opinion of a vehicle that's completely untrue is just bashing in my book. These two vehicles are probably the best two MT's available. Is the Savage tougher than the T-Maxx? I would say from what I've read it is, but it isn't like the Savage would survive a nuclear blast while the T-Maxx completely falls apart if it hits a pebble as you would have us believe. Both of these vehicles are very good, tough MT's and either would probably please almost anyone.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:53 AM
wannabeturbo

LOL at you all
Old 04-16-2003, 12:55 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

yeah this tmaxx vs savage topic invaded my ofna topic and i bowed out of it cause its the same ole same ole.

there are only a few people on here that own both a tmaxx and a savage and those are the only people who can debate this fairly.
the rest of you (you know who you are) should stick to topics related to your truck or add a simple reply to something ABOUT YOUR TRUCK !!!

no more of this ...."well i heard this part sucked"
if your gonna use the topics here on rcu to base your opinion of a certain truck on then you should stay out of the discussion.

and remember this......no matter how hard you try tmaxx vs savage is the same as pro-war or anti-war.
some have their opinions and will never change so save your breath for something more useful.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:56 AM
FairlyNew

NANNY NANNY BOO BOO MY DAD IS BIGGER THAN YOURS!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2003, 12:58 AM
wannabeturbo

LOL fairly and well said packfan now lets let it die...hint hint.

And I dont care how big your dad is, my dad can still kick your dads butt!!!!!
Old 04-16-2003, 01:19 AM
grampi

Back to the original subject. I recommend the T-Maxx.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:49 AM
hoodiegadoo

"there are only a few people on here that own both a tmaxx and a savage and those are the only people who can debate this fairly.
the rest of you (you know who you are) should stick to topics related to your truck or add a simple reply to something ABOUT YOUR TRUCK !!! "

That was beautifully stated packfan....
Old 04-17-2003, 03:45 AM
jduran280

Just a comment on the Price: The Savage is $399 at Tower Hobbies, and with a coupon code, you can get an additional $25 off.(not $420) Unfortunately, they are currently out of stock, so I had to order one from someone else (Stormer Hobbies) for $399
Old 04-17-2003, 04:44 AM
Rex2342

Even better.I did not know they lowered the price!!!