Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

problems with my 2.5 engine.....help?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

problems with my 2.5 engine.....help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 02:47 AM
SuperMaxxMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with my 2.5 engine.....help?

i went today to run my tmaxx 2.5 and i just put the pullstart on it. I take a couple pulls and then it gets very hard to pull. Then i see fuel coming out threw the glow plug. The glow plug is all the way tight. So i loosen the glow plow to get rid of some pressure. I pull but then after like 20 pulls it starts up for like a second and it is a really loud zipping sound and then shuits off.I take the glow plug off and alot of fuel was in it. Every time i try to start it, it floods! alot of fuel gets in the engine. So i took the engine off and took the pullstart off, The one way bearing was stuck. How do i fix that? WD40? LUBE? why does it flood so quick? help!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2003, 06:56 AM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

sounds to me like you got a bad seal between the plug and the button, and also sounds as though you are priming the engine to much. You need to pull the fuel line off the engine, try and start the engine, and let some of that excess fuel run out, one it seems to be clean, reatatch the fuel line and try to start the engine!! You also might have the HS needle to rich as well, but first change the darn glow plug.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:18 PM
SuperMaxxMan

ok..i will try that thanks