Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Warhead vs Warhead EVO?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 10:44 PM
ssllc902

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warhead vs Warhead EVO?

Today it got up to 30 degrees so I i thought I would rip around out side. Built a 4 foot jump man the warhead jumps good and no Breaks. I need more power for sure. Even though this my first rc truck other then tyco brand cheepos I still need MORE POWER. What is the biggest engine to put in this truck with easy mods?
Old 03-05-2008, 04:38 PM
soulreaver0102

if your still watching this post slap in a axial 28rr do the FOC and call it done
Old 04-19-2008, 08:53 AM
petey156

with the axial .28 rr swap do you guys leave the pull start on or swap it to something else? what about the exhaust, do you still run the stock pipe?

thanks for a great thread...

if one of your guys have a pic with the .28rr installed could you post it up, or e-mail it to me....
let me know if you need my address

Old 04-19-2008, 09:26 PM
EG1

Alloy parts are usually a bad idea...
Old 04-19-2008, 09:52 PM
davido666

ORIGINAL: petey156

with the axial .28 rr swap do you guys leave the pull start on or swap it to something else? what about the exhaust, do you still run the stock pipe?

thanks for a great thread...

if one of your guys have a pic with the .28rr installed could you post it up, or e-mail it to me....
let me know if you need my address

I have an axial 32 in my warhead and I use the pull start. The engine starts very easy. I put on a primer bulb and a couple of pulls and it starts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98146.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	932903  
Old 05-12-2008, 07:49 PM
austin1780

im new at this i have a stock warhead should i get a warhead to warhead evo upgrade kit
Old 05-12-2008, 09:49 PM
davido666

ORIGINAL: austin1780

im new at this i have a stock warhead should i get a warhead to warhead evo upgrade kit
If the truck has never had any of the upgrades put on then yes. Do you have a metal spur gear and hardened clutch bell already?
The kit gives you a smaller race legal tank, 3 shoe clutch which is way better then the original one, new flywheel, upgrade front bulkheads, roto start for engine, upgraded plastic steering and upgraded slipper . So if you have replace some of these items I would not bother with the kit. I would recomend the upgrade splipper, metal spur gear and hardened clutch bell. Make sure you loctite the six screws that hold the metal spur gear together. They do not loctite the new ones in the package. So look at the parts. You can tell if you have the new front bulkheads because if you remove them you will see a V2 in the plastic. So look you truck over and if you have alot on already don't waste your money just buy the individual parts you need.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92610.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	948368