Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

aftershock/savage4.6

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 11:49 PM
shoota0075

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftershock/savage4.6

trying to decide which one is best ,what do you guys think? (honest opinions) new to the monster truck area.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:35 AM
KILL--ROY

Default RE: aftershock/savage4.6

ORIGINAL: shoota0075

trying to decide which one is best ,what do you guys think? (honest opinions) new to the monster truck area.
I have a Savage 4.6 rtr and love it, it is a really tuff truck[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cofZCw0scIY[/link]
Old 02-07-2008, 08:59 AM
ericem

Stock for stock. Most definitely the Savage.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:40 AM
04DarkShadowGT

The aftershock is a better value. Bigger, better radio, nearly as durable, handles better, LST2 parts are interchangeable, and its quite a bit cheaper as well.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:23 PM
muddog

I own an aftershock it's alot of fun but the a-arms break easy. When I tried to put dish wheels for racing on it the hexes stripped. I had herd that would happen and that if I tried to put 23mm hexes on it the axles would brake. So now I have the LST 2 axles in with the 23mm hex and rpm a-arms. The engine that came in it was never any good. I have a xtm 24.7 in it now and it runs good. Now that I have done all that I would put it up against a Savage any day. I know guys that have Savages and they are tough but Aftershock is better on the track even in the stock configuration. I think the Lst 2 and Revo are way better and worth the extra money and you will be money ahead in the long run. If I had it to do over again I would buy a Jammin CRT.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:24 PM
KILL--ROY

Just found out , NEW SAVAGE XL 5.9

And you guys thought I was lieing to ya.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Knightfall

ORIGINAL: shoota0075

Both my friend and I are new(ish) to the scene. He bought an Aftershock, and I picked up an old Savage a few weeks later. Off the bat I could tell his was:

- lower
- handled better
- a little easier to work on
- cheaper parts
- a tad faster (although my engine was used, and we haven't raced with my new Axial yet)

Learning-wise, we both picked up on them quickly with the help of this forum and researching other places. You'd probably be just as happy with either or.

What I like most about the Savage is how it's not set on a platform, so it doesn't look like it's going to snap in half if you were to drive it off a ramp in a skate park. [8D]