Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Problem with my MT

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 08:15 PM
studhorse32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with my MT

i own a warhead evo.. (don't flame). . it worked fine for the first two tanks during break in period, then all of a sudden at random times i have no control over it, the throttle goes open and i can't steer.. at first i figured it was interference, but then i took it to a field and it did the same thing.. and i noticed once i killed the engine, i could steer again.. i'm stumped..
Old 02-07-2008, 08:39 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

Default RE: Problem with my MT

ORIGINAL: studhorse32

i own a warhead evo.. (don't flame). . it worked fine for the first two tanks during break in period, then all of a sudden at random times i have no control over it, the throttle goes open and i can't steer.. at first i figured it was interference, but then i took it to a field and it did the same thing.. and i noticed once i killed the engine, i could steer again.. i'm stumped..
when a vehical does those sort of things it's either the batterys are low in either the radio or reciever. or the antenas ruber housing is worn away or cut and rubbing on the metal to cause interference. or theres a problem with your receiver.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:46 PM
studhorse32

the batteries shouldn't be dead yet though.. should they? i've only had the truck for 3 or 4 hours now. my buddy has had his for a week and has the original betteries in it.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:52 PM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard metal on metal rubbing or vibrating will cause interference. so since you say after you shut the engine down it works fine makes me think you have this problem. I don't know for sure though. I've never had this problem, but have seen it discussed before.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:01 PM
MadManAndrew

ou should have got a savy...
(NOT FLAMING,JUST SHARING WISDOM AND EXPRESSING MY OPINION)
Iv had a problem like this before,you should oil your engine,it probably crreated a nitch diring break in and when cylinder goes up and down it scratches,burn a 30% nitro fuel mixed a little after run oil for a tank.Just on idle.This should fix the problem.If it doesn't,sorry I couldn't help.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:08 PM
schlags62

Mine does the same thing every once in a while, still havent figured it out either!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:42 PM
jombo

the engine mount desighn isint that great for the warhead, it uses cast u type mount strap looking deal for the motor mount .there are 4 (i think ) bolts holding this to the frame it sounds to me they are loose hence when you shut it off it stops going crazy. this is what i would do to see if it solves the problem, get a bicicle inertube and cut it to use as a isolater for the engine mount screws as washers for the mount and the screws and use red loctite on these screws because it (the mount )also doubbles as a heat sink.if that dosent solve the problem then you will probably need to isolate all the metal to metal screws with either rtv or rubber silicone, just dab a little on the screws and re install. it seems you got your work cut out for you. my savage 25 was the same way some screws going into metal just vibrated loose and caused interference.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:16 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

ORIGINAL: jombo

the engine mount desighn isint that great for the warhead, it uses cast u type mount strap looking deal for the motor mount .there are 4 (i think ) bolts holding this to the frame it sounds to me they are loose hence when you shut it off it stops going crazy. this is what i would do to see if it solves the problem, get a bicicle inertube and cut it to use as a isolater for the engine mount screws as washers for the mount and the screws and use red loctite on these screws because it (the mount )also doubbles as a heat sink.if that dosent solve the problem then you will probably need to isolate all the metal to metal screws with either rtv or rubber silicone, just dab a little on the screws and re install. it seems you got your work cut out for you. my savage 25 was the same way some screws going into metal just vibrated loose and caused interference.

the rubbing is most likely causing the the glitching