megamaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REVO RECLASSIFICATION

i think a revo should be as fast as you can possibly make it
Old 03-02-2008, 08:38 PM
jay863fl

Thats a tough one. I think if you have a center dif. its a truggy. Center transmission. MT. I think Traxxas is walking a fine line as far as classes with this vehicle. One one hand I think they did an awesome job of building the ultimate truck within the rules( inboard shocks, etc), but then again, I think they may have built a truck for which there isnt really a class (MT with a center dif??) .
Old 03-02-2008, 08:40 PM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, as of now the Revo is in a class of it's own. for serious MT racers with equal driving skill, there isn't going to be a MT that can compete with the new Revo. The fine line comment above is right on. I think they should have a Revo racing class now. LOL.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Snaut Rocket

The revo to me is just like the muggy.
A hybrid truggy.
It wont ever be as good as a truggy and never bash like a savage.
So it is really for the people that like the race mt's and hate losing.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Louie2994
Banned

4get it
Old 03-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Snaut Rocket

What for all they did was listen to their customers.
Every body who gets a revo basically uses it for racing. (some dont)
so they made it a racer out of the box.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:54 PM
drivefastgto

Hmmm..... I have heard quite a few people say that MT racing is starting to die out. I don't know how factual that is, but if it's true, I can't help but wonder if Revos are a big contributor to this. If the only MT I could win with is the only one that isn't really a monster truck, I'd rather race something else, or just go bashing.

Revos rock for what they are, but I'd rather not ride the fence...I have what I think is a "real" MT, and someday I'd like a truggy/buggy to race with. That's just me though.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:56 PM
drivefastgto

ORIGINAL: Louie2994

I THINK ITS TIME FOR AN EMAIL TO TRAXXAS
LOL, and tell them what? To stop selling so many damn Revos, no matter how many people buy them and win races with them?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Bria1

I say hats off to Traxxas for helping to keep MT racing alive. [8D]
Old 03-02-2008, 09:11 PM
hilifemt

ORIGINAL: Bria1

Maybe they killed MT racing. Since it's a truggiefied MT, people might think, 'why race in the MT class when I can just race truggies.'
[:-]
Old 03-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Bria1

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

ORIGINAL: Bria1

Maybe they killed MT racing. Since it's a truggiefied MT, people might think, 'why race in the MT class when I can just race truggies.'
[:-]

That's not what I've seen from being at races.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:21 PM
rcnitrohead

Well technically, I think it did kill the MT class. Think, when the T-maxx was the king of all trucks, many MT's had similar designs and relied on the same principals.. But when the Revo came out, it was really apparent that it excelled in racing so it just wasnt "worth" building up a different brand truck to match the Revo, when the Revo was so agile out of the box and could be made into a racer without too many mods.. When the regualr 8 shock/pan/TVP/dual deck trucks reigned, the Revo came and changed everything.. It had an unfair advantage and I guess no other manufacturer wanted to step up with some competition which left the Revo by itself.. Its practically what 85% of MT drivers race today.. The new Revo is definitely a truggy.. But I cant blame it all on the Revo, since the introduction of truggies everyone who races has become very fond of them. They are just MT's on steroids for racing[&o] Tom.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:27 PM
sikntired
My Feedback: (5)

I dont think they killed MT racing at all, however I do think they killed off their competition! The reason they dominate is due to design, though in my eyes they arent a TRUE MT (just my opinion!) there really isnt an MT out there that can compete w/ them at least not in standard monster truck class.

Again myself I am not into them for the simple fact that everyone has one, I like to be different the downside of being different though is that appearently I cannot be all that competitive w/ something else!!
The Revo is going to be on top of the SMT class untill it is no more or changed to different classes of Revos; stock, mod, outlaw.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:31 PM
sikntired

The Revo is not a truggy by any means! Just because it has a diff (optional!) that dont make it a truggy or mean it should compete w/ truggies!!
You can get a two speed for some truggies (mammoth st, TT ST-1) that doesnt mean you should throw them in w/ the MTs does it!!??

Again traxxas came out w/ a winning design that no one bothered to try and match thus the riegn of the revo began!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:35 PM
drivefastgto

ORIGINAL: sikntired

I dont think they killed MT racing at all, however I do think they killed off their competition! The reason they dominate is due to design, though in my eyes they arent a TRUE MT (just my opinion!) there really isnt an MT out there that can compete w/ them at least not in standard monster truck class.

Again myself I am not into them for the simple fact that everyone has one, I like to be different the downside of being different though is that appearently I cannot be all that competitive w/ something else!!
The Revo is going to be on top of the SMT class untill it is no more or changed to different classes of Revos; stock, mod, outlaw.
I understand what you're saying, but if the Revo killed its competition, and it isn't a true MT, then by definition it indeed killed MT racing. I would have to buy one if I really wanted to race MTs, but that's not why I got an MT.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:37 PM
snoking16

the revo is never going to be a truggy. just look at the chasis design. not even close to a true truggy. the revo is a 2 speed. truggies are single. truggies still have a lower center of gravity. if you put the new revo on a track with some of the top truggies and all pro drivers the revo isnt going to be able to compete. the only reason people think its a truggy is because it "LOOKS" like a truggy. yeah its low, and comes with a cool new body with a wing.

those are probably the only things it has in common with a truggy.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:40 PM
hilifemt

ORIGINAL: drivefastgto

I understand what you're saying, but if the Revo killed its competition, and it isn't a true MT, then by definition it indeed killed MT racing. I would have to buy one if I really wanted to race MTs, but that's not why I got an MT.
YUP. and now with the New Revo WITH a center diff, the only way you can compete is to have the new Revo. At least the old revo gave a slight chance for drivers with similar skill a chance with a LST2. But now, that's all out the window. MT racing just turned into truggy racing IMO
Old 03-02-2008, 09:42 PM
rcnitrohead

Yep^^^ Some people just dont get it[sm=sleeping.gif]
Old 03-02-2008, 09:44 PM
sikntired

ORIGINAL: drivefastgto

Yeay I guess you could argue that. At the same point you cant really blame Traxxas for doing what they did, they created a truck for a certain class that was full of all the same basic technology and none of the other companies decided to make a move on them!
The revo was brought out to be in a the MT class legally and at the time who knew, hell it couldve flopped horribly of course it didnt in fact it did the opposite.
You could say that the other manufacturers are just as much at fault for not attempting to mount some sort of an effort to challenge what was clearly out classing them!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:50 PM
sikntired

The Revo is NOT a truggy!! Bottom line! Center diff or no center diff it does not pass inspection to be legally raced in the truggy class!
Is the center diff fair......well why not, I mean you can always go out and get a bigger engine wright!??

Everyone points fingers at the revo and traxxas well what about the manufacturers that dropped the ball and pretty much just gave up on making a truck that could compete w/ the revo, none of them did that!!??

The revo came out and pretty much staked claim on the MT class w/ NO answer from anyone!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:51 PM
CBM Racing

Revos didn't kill mt racing, where it's dead or dying, the people who quit racing mt's killed it off. Saw the same with pancars back in the day, they out handled tc like no tomarrow, but they went the way of the dinosaurs. Same will happen with mt's when people want to change. Same with truggies. Whatever the up and coming racers want to race, that's what will take it's place. Nobody here wants mt racing to die off, but it is. If everyone here raced, the class would be fine, but we dont so it's doomed if we let it be. In 10 yrs, we will wish we still had parts and support for our mt's, while the younger crowd smokes us with whatever they will be running.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Bria1

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

YUP. and now with the New Revo WITH a center diff, the only way you can compete is to have the new Revo. At least the old revo gave a slight chance for drivers with similar skill a chance with a LST2. But now, that's all out the window. MT racing just turned into truggy racing IMO

LST2's can hang with Revo's on the track all day without a problem. It's the other trucks who's manufactures don't care about MT racing that can't keep up. Most people I race with that have Revo's have removed the center diff and are faster without it. A center diff doesn't automatically make it unbeatable. And no I don't have a Revo. I just see it as a very good racing MT.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:19 PM
binaryterror

You guys are complete idiots if you think the Revo and its Center diff has any advantage over any other truck out there worth racing. Sadly there are only 2 race MT's out...LST2 and Revo.

Its written in the rules, both ROAR and RC Pro, (was originally written to allow the Genesis type vehicles in) that an internal center diff located in a multi speed geared trasnmission was still classified a Monster Truck.

For those of you lacking knowledge:
- Truggy requires you to have a flat chassis and 3 diffs with no gears other than a clutch bell and pinion. You can not use a 2 speed transmission to replace the center diff even. Revo has a multi speed tranmission which means NOT a Truggy
- Stadium truck is only for 1/10th scale trucks which must be 2wd and run .12 engines ONLY. If you passed 3rd grade you should be able to clearly see a Revo being both 4wd and having no engine .12 to power it could never fit into this class. This is where the Traxxas Jato might fall if you remove the 2 speed and use a race legal .12 engine. This is rather obvious, its nothing like a Stadium Truck...do some thinking before posting
- Monster Truck is completely legal to run a center diff in an enclosed transmission CASE. The Revo has a transmission and inside it is 2 speed and can if the user so chooses to install a center diff

I personally race a Revo and have tried using the center diff. For an extremely tight indoor track believe it or not I do find my Revo performs better with the solid center shaft over a diff. The Brake bias was nice, however the tuning of the center diff is not easy like in truggy. Outdoor because of my now feelings on the solid center shaft again I do plan to stick to the solid and likely forego the use of the Center diff.

The real reason you guys are complaining is you favorite MT company doesn't offer the same now do they? Heck to be honest most of you have never owned or raced a Revo...let alone against an LST2.

The sad part of MT racing is simple. Besides Traxxas's Revo and Losi's LST2 there is nothing else even remotely competitive, nor that and manufacturer supports by paying or sponsoring a team driver to both promote the MT class or the improvement of their current vehicles to actually compete against a Revo or LST. For MT racing class to grow companies like Associated, HPI, Kyosho need to step up to the plate and make solid trucks, not just for bashing, but the ability to race. Everyone here knows the Revo and LST2 can bash, but are just as good on a track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.