RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

HELP! I'm Addicted!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 09:12 PM
retroactivefunk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! I'm Addicted!

Not new to RC, but got burned out a while back. Used to race RS4's and my RC10T2. That was 3 years ago or so?

Then I went to my friends house and he had a T-Maxx there for sale....whollly smokes, look at that thing. I never did the nitro thing before, but hey that thing looks awesome!

So I took it off his hands for $170. It didnt run, so I bought a megatech m-16 engine, and the addiction began! Since then I've bought or have on order.

Radtech polished skidplates, A-Arms, braces and shock towers.
Polished Bulkheads
Integy Piggybacks, polished
RCRAVEN chrome plated chassis, progressive springs
Airtronics mx3 fm transmitter
Hitek 645mg? steering servo
Imex JumboMaxx tires and wheels (just came in today)
H2 Body
MIP Full CVD kit
HPI Nitrostar 15ss engine, Ritter Pipe, big bore header
Cowboy creations Chrome Cage
Custom Painted f-350 body
Imex Baja tires and stablemax rims
RadRC 4 shoe clutch and full gear set
Ballistic rechargable receiver batteries

I'm glad I can't replace much more.....
My girlfriend is starting to shake her head at me.
I search the net all day for info
my friend bought a new 2.5

Help, I'm addicted...
If yer in the south bay (CA) and wanna run, hit me up!

Gabriel
Old 04-25-2003, 12:22 AM
hitler75

That's exactly what happened to me as well when I 1st got hooked. When I sleep, I dreamt of being at the tracks with my Maxx, when I work I can't help thinking of what to put into it to make it perform better and just wanna go have fun rightaway... my days are revolved round that truck and now, I'm telling you all about it... AT WORK!!
Old 04-25-2003, 03:20 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

what made you buy the HPI Nitrostar 15ss engine
Old 04-25-2003, 03:24 PM
retroactivefunk

actually, when I bought my radrc gears/clutch, the guy on the phone actually recommended this engine with the ritter pipe to beat the 2.5 that my friend has. He said his gets 2-3 car lengths ahead of the 2.5 rather quickly. I had just spent $75 on the side exhaust system and he said that this motor would do it, so we'll see when it gets in. WHo knows?
Old 04-25-2003, 04:03 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

me too ..it started when a friend from work ask me if my bro still have his rs4 i said yes but its in the basement..so next day we ended up goin to our lhs and he bought a rs4 and me i just saw the mts on display..after a month i bought my terra crusher and now i am gettin a savage next week..i am addicted in buying parts too my tc is all aluminum now and want to change the engine ..can u believe it even on the internet i am looking about rc stuff
Old 04-26-2003, 10:00 PM
Stingray

I've got the HPI .15ss in my T-Maxx also. I have yet to be beaten by a TRX 2.5 It's a great engine that tunes easily and holds it's tune well.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:13 AM
WarriorRacer05

Personally the HPI .15 SS motors are great motors. They are fairly powerful and the tuning of the engine is really easy. It seems to stay tuned unlike Traxxas motors which you gotta adjust each run.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:44 PM
retroactivefunk

heh, finished breaking in my 15ss, got about 7 tanks of gas thru it. Haven't leaned out the low mixture screw yet, so it chokes from idle still, but... Today my buddy comes over with his 2.5...and mind you I have these jumbo maxx tires on my truck with stock gearing, and his has stock tires...BUT....
He jumped all over me on the start, and as soon as second hit we were stuck in our positions....a change of gearing and leaning out my low mixture, I think I'll take him, or at least stay neck and neck, he thinks I will too, with the jumbomaxx tires even!!...this nitrostar.15ss motor kicks butt....nice job HPI! he's talking bout the sirius motor now.